PDA

View Full Version : haricot verts recipes

cchavez
11-22-2009, 09:04 PM
I just made them for the 1st time...they were frozen and all I did was saute them in organic EVOO and they were delicious. I want to make them for Tgiving and wondering if I should try anything different...maybe w/ prosciutto? Anybody have any great recipes to share!

JMS
11-22-2009, 09:38 PM
This is what I do:

Steam HV and then submerge in cold/ice water (keeps them from over cooking and keeps them BRIGHT green)

Then I toss with EVOO, sea salt, sliced almonds (roasted is better but not necessary).

I heat them up before serving and sprinkle with gourmet fried onions. Whole Foods sells them and the small container is very expensive; I recently discovered the gourmet fried onions at Trader Joes, they are much cheaper and taste exactly the same.

m448
11-22-2009, 10:09 PM
I don't blanche mine. I steam saute them. Just caramelize some onions in a good bit of olive oil and salt, sometimes I do olive oil and butter. I let the onions caramelize over medium high heat until they almost are dissolving. Then I toss in the beans and add about a half inch to an inch of water. Toss the beans, salt well and cover with the lid. I let them steam until almost done about 3/4 of the way through over medium heat. Then I take off the lid, crank up the heat and let the water evaporate. Once the the water evaporates begin to toss the beans in the remaining onion flavored oil. I let them begin to caramlize as well so they're tender crisp. These are amazing and always get scarfed.