PDA

View Full Version : Leapster 2 reviews?

jhrabosk
11-23-2009, 11:43 AM
My BIL just asked if he could buy DD a Leapster 2 for Christmas. The reviews on Amazon are mixed and I wonder how quickly she'll outgrow it.

Any reviews for a 4-year-old? Will it be a waste of his money? Or something a lot of kids enjoy?

Thanks!

clc053103
11-23-2009, 04:05 PM
My DS got one at 3 1/2 and he goes in and out of it- but when he's in, he really enjoys playing all the cartridges. Great for restaurants when they get bored!

Momof3Labs
11-23-2009, 07:16 PM
DS1 (7yo) still plays with his Leapster 2 every chance he gets. We'll eventually upgrade him to a Nintendo DS, I think, but for now he still loves his Leapster.

Tondi G
11-23-2009, 08:20 PM
perfect for a 4 year old IMO! My DS#1 got his when he was 3 and didn't really get into it till he was 4.5. He played it till he got his DS at age 7. He handed his leapster down to his little brother who promptly lost a bunch of the games (still pisses me off but what can you do) and has a habit of leaving it on when he is done playing it and drains the batteries. The Pet Pals game is great and the mr pencil learn to draw and write. just get her the PreK games... she might get frustrated with the older age range games if she doesn't know her letters or numbers well yet!