PDA

View Full Version : Maclaren - would you buy? Others to consider?

KenReeves
11-23-2009, 03:14 PM
We were all set to buy a Maclaren Quest sport stroller for DS - then we saw the recall notice. I haven't followed much of the recall story, but wondered if others are still considering buying a Maclaren. I lent out my Baby Bargains book to a friend and can't recall what the book's other top recommendations were. Thanks for the help!

strollerqueen
11-23-2009, 04:12 PM
TOTALLY would buy a Maclaren. Just did, in fact. The "recall" involves the company sending cloth covers to put over the hinges, so a baby can't pinch their fingers in the stroller whilst closing. I am of the opinion, however, that this could happen on a lot of brands of strollers. The solution is to keep baby's hands away from stroller, while opening or closing.

hillview
11-23-2009, 04:21 PM
TOTALLY would buy a Maclaren. Just did, in fact. The "recall" involves the company sending cloth covers to put over the hinges, so a baby can't pinch their fingers in the stroller whilst closing. I am of the opinion, however, that this could happen on a lot of brands of strollers. The solution is to keep baby's hands away from stroller, while opening or closing.

:yeahthat:
:)

/hillary

lorinick
11-23-2009, 04:23 PM
:)

/hillary

:yeahthat: I totally agree. There is nothing out there I think is as great as my Mac. Though I still have not yet gotten the zipper cover.

AnnieW625
11-23-2009, 04:26 PM
If something happened to my beloved Triumph I'd buy another Maclaren in a heart beat, in fact I'd probably get a Techno XT instead (it's the top of the line Mac umbrella) because I have loved my Triumph soo much. Had I known I was going to use my Triumph so much (it's really our go to do everything stroller) I would've gotten a Techno to begin with.

lorinick
11-23-2009, 04:28 PM
If something happened to my beloved Triumph I'd buy another Maclaren in a heart beat, in fact I'd probably get a Techno XT instead (it's the top of the line Mac umbrella) because I have loved my Triumph soo much. Had I known I was going to use my Triumph so much (it's really our go to do everything stroller) I would've gotten a Techno to begin with.

It really is the go to stroller. I don't think I could do without it. I could do without the tipping over. Every time ds wants to get out. I do put alot on the handles. Bad me.

zag95
11-24-2009, 01:32 AM
Love my Quest- wouldn't give it up- the recall does not deter me from knowing that it is a good stroller- I got the "fix" kit and have been impressed with MacLaren's stroller and their response to the recall. As PP said, I don't let my daughter collapse the stroller and keep her hands, etc away.

hellokitty
11-24-2009, 10:19 AM
I would have no hesitation at all. Mac is a good brand. IMO the recall is kind of lame. I got my hinge covers this wk and still cannot figure out how in the world a child would get their fingers caught unless a parent is being neglectful and letting their kid open and close the stroller unattended.

arivecchi
11-24-2009, 02:14 PM
Love my Triumph. Would get another one in a heartbeat.

Davids-Coco
11-24-2009, 05:15 PM
Wouldn't hesitate for a second! (or third, or fourth...)