PDA

View Full Version : Helath FSA Q about OTC medicines

niccig
11-23-2009, 05:27 PM
I've nearly got all our claims submitted..FINALLY. I have a few receipts from drugstore. I FORGOT to not put items like candy on the same receipt. I was just going to underline the items I am claiming like motrin, and I wasn't going to try and work out the sales tax...just do the item amount. Will this fly, or do I have a problem. The receipts should use up what is left in our account, otherwise I need to go spend another $150 on something.

lablover
11-23-2009, 05:57 PM
I submitted several receipts like that and I just highlighted the item I was claiming. Also, some stores put an FSA total at the bottom of the receipt and for those I just highlighted that amount. It was no problem - I received the money with no questions asked.

Andi98989
11-23-2009, 06:16 PM
I always just submit them with the FSA items circled and don't bother with the sales tax. So much easier that way.

niccig
11-23-2009, 06:21 PM
Thank you. I'll do that. Next year I promised to be more organized with this. We were supposed to get a debit card, and we never did. I didn't follow it up with DH's HR. Next year though I'll get it, as most of my items are copays for office visits or prescriptions. It will be much easier to just swipe rather than have to submit claims. But, I'm done now with 4 weeks to see if it all gets approved or not. And I have until end of March 2010 to submit again if I need to.