PDA

View Full Version : Low grade fever?

hillview
11-23-2009, 11:11 PM
DS is 4 and had a fever on Friday of 103.5; took tylenol and fever broke. Sat woke up fine. Sat noon-ish was up to 99 and by night was 101.5 (no tylenol). Sun and today same as Sat. He has been his normal sparky self and eating fine. He has a cough but nothing horrid. He has been drinking a lot of water.

At what point do you worry/call doctor? It has been 4 days.

It isn't the flu. He isn't unhappy.
/hillary

writermama
11-23-2009, 11:19 PM
My DD had similar symptoms a few weeks ago. After 4 days of low-grade fever and no other symptoms, I put in a call to the pediatrician and left a message asking if she thought it might be something to worry about. By the time she called back the next day, the fever was gone.

So, when in doubt, call the ped, it works like magic sometimes. :)

(The serious answer is that unless there are other symptoms, or signs that your child is getting worse, you probably shouldn't worry. However, if you are worried anyway, call your pediatrician.)

hillview
11-23-2009, 11:20 PM
My DD had similar symptoms a few weeks ago. After 4 days of low-grade fever and no other symptoms, I put in a call to the pediatrician and left a message asking if she thought it might be something to worry about. By the time she called back the next day, the fever was gone.

So, when in doubt, call the ped, it works like magic sometimes. :)

(The serious answer is that unless there are other symptoms, or signs that your child is getting worse, you probably shouldn't worry. However, if you are worried anyway, call your pediatrician.)
Thanks. Think that is just what I needed to hear :)
/hillary