PDA

View Full Version : Car Toys for 19mo?

srhs
11-24-2009, 02:13 AM
Any car toy suggestions for a 19 mo on a looong car ride? He's RFing in a Blvd. I can't get in back with him because DS2 is back there too.

MoJo
11-24-2009, 07:50 AM
Books seem to hold my 17-mo old's attention the longest. I keep a few in the car that she doesn't get to see any other time. Her favorite is a really big board book full of colorful animals. She also has a stuffed doggie that we keep in the car. She wrestles with him. I also have a couple of musical toys in the car that she likes, but she hasn't learned how to activate them with the pull string, so I have to do that for her if I'm not driving.

Otherwise, we use the mirrors a lot. There is a baby mirror on the headrest of the backseat that DD looks into. The driver can see her that way, and DH bought me a hand mirror to keep in the car so that I can see her without turning around when I'm the passenger. DD loves to interact, so if I'm the passenger (of course I don't do this while driving), I'll make faces at her, put a beanie animal on her head, etc.

DD likes to "dance" in her carseat (just moving her head and hands), so flipping through radio stations actually entertains her. She will dance to anything from swing to hard rock!

I take her by myself on a three hour trip every month, and it's almost never a problem. But I have a very happy baby.

SnuggleBuggles
11-24-2009, 08:19 AM
Ds2 is all about the DoodlePro by Fisher Price. He can keep himself happy with that toy in the car or wherever we go

Beth