PDA

View Full Version : They gave him a bowl cut!!

siri
11-24-2009, 12:30 PM
I took my son (1yo) for his first haircut yesterday and the one thing I asked for was NO bowl cut and what did they give him- a bowl cut! Aghhhhh!!! Is it just inevitable that a bowl cut is the only style they give little boys. My DS has beautiful, straight, brown hair but it was getting way too long and wispy at the ends. I did not want her to cut his hair straight across the front because it would hang down his forhead and look like the dreaded bowl cut. I wanted it to be long and kinda angled so I can sweep it sideways. I won't be going there again! Luckily his hair grows fast. How do I explain myself better next time? I should have taken a picture but I didn't realize it would be so complicated.

wellyes
11-24-2009, 12:32 PM
Aw, sorry. DD's first haircut was a disaster too. She got weirdly short bangs. Luckily she's cute enough to pull it off :) My plan is to just cut it myself next time.

deborah_r
11-24-2009, 02:05 PM
This is why I bring my boys to my hairdresser. Luckily, he was willing to give it a try with cutting kid's hair (he suggested it when I mentioned DS1 needed a haircut back when he was about 1 year old - he had his first haircut in a barber shop at 7 months old, which went OK but not great). I am afraid of those Kidz Kutz type places! I am not picky about too many things but I am a little obsessive about my sons' hair!

Sorry you are dissappointed with how it turned out. I don't know how to explain it to them if they didn't understand "no bowl cut"!

g-mama
11-24-2009, 03:28 PM
I'm sorry. That stinks. My boys have gotten some bad cuts and it makes me so mad. I always make sure they keep the sideburns (one time they cut them straight across above the ear and I thought my dh was going to go postal) and do the back in a fade so it's tapered at the neck.

But, yeah, if you said no bowl cut and they did it anyway, you could not have been more clear. Find a new place.