PDA

View Full Version : HELP! The stomach virus that never ends....

Melbel
11-24-2009, 10:55 PM
DD2 has now been suffering from a stomach virus that has re-surfaced for a 5th time over the past 2+ weeks.

History:

11/9 DD1 vomiting

11/10 DD2 vomiting

11/13 DS vomiting

11/15 DD2 vomiting 4 hours and Melissa (nauseous and stomach pain)

11/16 DH vomiting

11/20 morning DD2 vomiting

11/21 night DD2 vomiting

11/22 babysitter who had been exposed to DD2 vomiting

11/24 night DD2 vomiting

Supposedly, you cannot catch the same virus twice, but I have a hard time believing she has caught new illnesses, or that the virus could mutate so many times. Between her illnesses, she has been acting fine. She is not running a fever and is hydrated. We are diligent (perhaps a bit compulsive) about hand washing and we have used Clorox wipes throughout the house. We are out of ideas and would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

hillview
11-24-2009, 11:02 PM
OMG. Well HUGS. No idea but I might call the doc. And I can't even imagine. Food allergies (random shot in the dark)?

HUGS!
/hillary

Elilly
11-24-2009, 11:04 PM
We have had the same type of thing in our house except it's been diarrhea rather than vomiting. We're at 10 days and DS is just now really getting back to "normal"!

pinkmomagain
11-24-2009, 11:07 PM
I would definitely contact the ped. It just seems strange that it's going on so long with days in between vomiting. Won't even venture to guess what it is, but I'd be on the phone ped tomorrow to check in at the very least.

Melbel
11-24-2009, 11:32 PM
On Saturday, DH took DS for his flu shot and asked our pediatrician about DD2's relapses. At that time, the pediatrician thought she was picking up new viruses. Since then, she has had two more rounds. I emailed both the pediatrician and pediatric GI doctor (major reflux baby) tonight with the history. We are completely puzzled by the fact that she seems well for so long (up to 5 days) and then we start all over again. It still appears to be a "live", contagious virus if the babysitter caught it from her on Friday.

My FIL just got out of the hospital so I am so worried about exposing him on Thanksgiving. Of course, it is a big mystery how/when I can get my shopping done now. Ugh. Thanks for the suggestions thus far. :(

ThreeofUs
11-25-2009, 11:57 AM
My gosh. Sounds like us, except we only had one bout of vomiting. Something keeps going away (for 12 hours) and then coming back - it's been well over 2 weeks.

Hoping you all get better soon.

Melbel
11-25-2009, 03:28 PM
We have had the same type of thing in our house except it's been diarrhea rather than vomiting. We're at 10 days and DS is just now really getting back to "normal"!

I guess it is somewhat comforting to know that we are not alone. Misery loves company perhaps? Here's hoping for a "normal" soon! Congrats on getting there and happy Thanksgiving!

My gosh. Sounds like us, except we only had one bout of vomiting. Something keeps going away (for 12 hours) and then coming back - it's been well over 2 weeks.

Hoping you all get better soon.

Oh no! I hope your household is feeling better soon too!