PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone here have Apple's Airport Extreme wireless router?

Twins2000
11-25-2009, 03:19 PM
My old Netgear router has been testy/unreliable for a while and needs to be replaced. I have a MacBook and will be getting a PC sometime in the near future, so I was considering getting this. Anyone here have one? Recommend, or not recommend? Which router do you have and do you recommend it or no?

Thanks in advance for your help/info.

Leslie

sunshine873
11-25-2009, 03:22 PM
Yes I have it and LOVE IT!!! It works fabulously, and I love the automatic back-up feature. My computer gets backed up every week and I don't have to do a thing. It's fabulous - I would highly recommend it.

deannanb
11-25-2009, 03:47 PM
DH plugged it in and it worked. nothing to set up - (created a password so the neighbors can't use our wifi)

codex57
11-25-2009, 04:34 PM
Took a tiny bit of tweaking, but not too bad.

If it's just all Apple comps, it's basically plug in and pick a password. I was running Macs and PCs and even attached a printer to it so it took a tiny bit of tweaking. Relatively painless tho.

pastrygirl
11-25-2009, 05:40 PM
I love ours. We have an Airport Express, too, so that we can listen to iTunes in the family room through the TV stereo setup.

Twoboos
11-25-2009, 06:08 PM
We have one and I know nothing about it. But DH loooooooves it, so it must be good! :)

larig
11-25-2009, 06:43 PM
we just got a new extreme. I wanted it because you can plug a USB drive into it and then all the computers on the network can see the shared drive. It's great for storing a music library that you want to share between family members, etc. We also have an express for the airtunes. We use that aspect of things less than we used to. I just set up the network myself this weekend (we just got the extreme to replace an ancient airport extreme) and it was easy peasy.

Twins2000
11-25-2009, 11:39 PM
Thank you all for responding! I really appreciate your input! I just ordered the refurb from Apple!

Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!

Leslie

larig
11-26-2009, 07:41 AM
I think you'll be happy, the harddrive thing alone was worth it for me.