PDA

View Full Version : Fun things to do with kids in Philly?

DeeEast
11-26-2009, 12:50 AM
We are going soon for our second opinion in Philadelphia and it will be on a Friday. It is a long drive so we might stay an extra night if there is something fun to do with the kids close by or on the way home. I've heard good things about the Children's Museum.

I am wondering if there is anything particularly Holiday or Christmas-themed to take small kids. Anyone from that area or with experience have any suggestions? Is it worth an extra night?

squimp
11-26-2009, 03:43 AM
We did the Please Touch museum the last time we were there and had a great time. My DD is 6, and she was one of the older kids there - it's great for younger kids. The Franklin Institute is also lots of fun, but better for older kids.

jenny
11-26-2009, 09:13 AM
Philly is a GREAT city and it is definitely worth staying an extra night. The Please Touch Museum is a kid's paradise. The Franklin Institute is interesting and so is the Academy of Natural Sciences. There's also the Camden Aquarium, which is right across the bridge.

The Comcast center has a FREE 3D LED Christmas light show every day during the week but not on the weekends. But you can go between 10 a.m. and 8 p.m. on friday. [though they won't show it at 5 p.m. b/c of rush hour]
http://www.philly.com/philly/business/technology/73290307.html

There's also the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall and the Constitution Center that you can go visit.

If your kids are into fire trucks, they can go visit Fireman's hall.