View Full Version : Cookbook stands?

hillview
11-27-2009, 03:31 PM
Anyone have a good suggestion?
TIA!
/hillary

StantonHyde
11-27-2009, 03:59 PM
Depends on what you want--i wanted one that had a plexiglass cover so my books wouldn't get splattered. They had them at Williams Sonoma for some ridiculous price. I finally settled on a metal one from a regional Target type store and it is doing well.

lizzywednesday
11-27-2009, 05:24 PM
I want one, but oftentimes just take my cookbooks to the office & photocopy the recipes I want to try instead ... this way, splatter is not an issue.

MommyAllison
11-27-2009, 05:31 PM
I got one for Christmas a couple years ago. I can't find it on the website now, but it was from BB&B or LnT. I do like the Plexiglass feature. :)

hellokitty
11-27-2009, 05:32 PM
I had one that broke almost immediately after I got it. It was a wooden one, so I'm really leery of getting another one again and what irritates me is that it wasn't even like I dropped it or was rough with it, it was just a crappy design, and I have no idea what brand it was, it was one of those whim of the moment purchases that I regret. Instead what I've done is put all of my recipes into a 3 ring binder and that way I don't have to try to figure out how to keep the book open and it's wipeable too if I get stuff on it.

You know, I'm sitting here thinking and I think I had a metal foldable book holder too, but it never held the page open very well. You'd probably be better off just getting a piece of plexiglass and using binder clips to keep the pages open, lol.

michellerw
11-27-2009, 05:32 PM
I have a super nice glass and metal one from WIlliams Sonoma. It was expensive, but I like it a lot and honestly it's the nicest one I've seen.

I also love the measurement conversions on the side.

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/sku6449458/?pkey=x|4|1||4|cookbook%20stand||0&cm_src=SCH

septmama2b
11-27-2009, 09:22 PM
I have this one, it was recommended by Cooks Illustrated, and I love it. I've had it for about 3 years, and use it a lot.

http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Solutions-Jumbo-Cookbook-Holder/dp/B0000DE1MV/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1259371225&sr=8-1

michellerw
11-27-2009, 10:20 PM
We were in Barnes and Noble tonight and I happened to see a few as we were walking out the door -- there was a wooden folding one and a wood and plexiglass one. You might want to check there as well.

wellyes
11-27-2009, 11:24 PM
I have the Williams-Sonoma one too, and I recommend it. Works really well for all sizes of cookbooks. Some of the ones with a notch in the base to hold up the book aren't as good at accommodating really fat/thin/tall/short cookbooks.

srhs
11-27-2009, 11:32 PM
Check out Hobby Lobby. Got a nice one for my mom a few years ago, and they often have 40% off coupons if it isn't already on sale. They were mixed in with the frames and other decor in the middle of the sales floor.