PDA

View Full Version : Pampers

hortonk
11-27-2009, 10:15 PM
Did Pampers change their Cruiser diapers? I opened a package today that doesn't have the dry weave. They also seem to be less soft and not as thick. Did I just get a faulty package, or did they make some horrible changes to the Cruisers?

~Roxanne

goodnightmoon
11-27-2009, 10:27 PM
The last couple of boxes I bought were like yours, no dry weave and thin. :(

gatorsmom
11-27-2009, 11:25 PM
How are they working? Maybe instead they added more of those super-absorbant gelee-like beads (can't remember the term for those)?

hortonk
11-28-2009, 09:15 AM
I did some looking on the Pampers website. All of the most recent reviews of the Cruisers were negative due to the changes made. Many said that they were experiencing leaks now when they hadn't before the change. Of course, Pampers answer is that they are using the wrong size. Obviously, it couldn't be because of the cheaper way that they are making the new diapers. Looks like it is time to switch unless I want to spend more for the super absorbancy ones.

~Roxanne

Swimfreak78
11-28-2009, 09:17 AM
I called and they did just recently make a permanent change to the Cruisers with the lining. Call them and voice your review. We do use super absorbent at night only and they work well. Not so sure about the regular version -- we are considering switching.

lchang25000
11-28-2009, 11:42 AM
I stocked up on the previous Cruisers when I heard all the negative feedback for the new ones. There might still be some old packages/boxes around. Be sure to buy the ones that say "go baby grips" instead of whatever it now says.

goodnightmoon
11-28-2009, 12:57 PM
I haven't had any leaks with my 2 year old and she can FILL a diaper (wet) at night. The problem is that her skin feels really wet with almost every diaper change and she seems to be getting more rashes... :(

teedeedee
11-28-2009, 05:34 PM
More leaks and rash here, too! I HATE it when they change things like this!

fortato
11-28-2009, 06:15 PM
Ugh!
I loved the Cruisers and Swaddlers with Jack, and was planning on using them with the next one- crappity crap.

Maybe they'll get enough negative feedback and change back before June.

ShanaMama
11-29-2009, 12:12 PM
Yup, I noticed the change when they changed the packaging & we started having poo leakers. I started buying Hhuggies in Costco. I don't love them. They fit nicely & are very absorbent but DD has very sensitive skin & seems to be perpetually irritated there. We now call diapers changes 'bow' due to her new word (blow- I blow on her skin as I wipe to soothe her). Also, several really wet diapers leaked ink onto the inside of her tights. I had that problem the first time I tried Kirkland, which I promptly returned.
So if you find a good alternative please share!