PDA

View Full Version : Another multiples bitch

twowhat?
11-27-2009, 10:45 PM
Does anyone else feel like their twins are fussier than normal babies?? UGH. I get so frustrated sometimes when we take them out somewhere "easy" (like a friends house) and they are SO fussy and irritable even though we time it around their naps. And it just makes me even more frustrated when our friends with singletons bring their babies and they are smiling and interacting and having a great time, while we are walking OUR babies around, trying to calm down tantrums, crying, stranger anxiety, etc. and NOT getting to spend time with our adult friends. Sometimes I feel like we just have fussier than normal babies when I compare them to my (many) friends with similarly-aged singletons. Or maybe this is just a perception because a single baby has both parents to give full attention (and the parents can trade off) so everyone ends up having a good time? It just makes me so frustrated:( Just a bitch. Back to my leftover turkey.

Kindra178
11-27-2009, 11:23 PM
My singleton was actually fussier (colicky) than my twins, but my twins were pretty fussy too. I don't think that's anything to do with twins, just some babies are fussier and twins are hard.

Momof3Labs
11-27-2009, 11:37 PM
DS1 was REALLY fussy. So is my oldest niece. DS2 was pretty easy-going, and so was my second niece. My twins are about as easy as they come (so far) once we got past their feeding difficulties (the reason that I'm EPing instead of BFing like I did the boys). It's still challenging because there are two of them but I'm not going out of my mind like I would be if I had twins with the personality of DS1 as a baby!!

michlyn
12-09-2009, 12:44 AM
My singleton was actually fussier (colicky) than my twins, but my twins were pretty fussy too. I don't think that's anything to do with twins, just some babies are fussier and twins are hard.

ditto this exactly.

now when I have both fussy babies at the same time, yeah it's not fun

Melaine
01-20-2010, 09:49 AM
I missed this the first time around but I have so BTDT OP! I totally feel the same way about my kiddos, especially when they were under 1. And it wasn't just me, many other moms confirmed it. I have a theory that preemies tend to be higher needs, fussier and more prone to stranger-fear etc. and many twins are preemies so that is my take on it.

twowhat?
01-20-2010, 12:05 PM
I missed this the first time around but I have so BTDT OP! I totally feel the same way about my kiddos, especially when they were under 1. And it wasn't just me, many other moms confirmed it. I have a theory that preemies tend to be higher needs, fussier and more prone to stranger-fear etc. and many twins are preemies so that is my take on it.

Unfortunately mine were full term so this excuse doesn't work for me:( My theory is that twins have to battle for their parents' attention more than a single baby would. Hence they come across as "fussier". When we do have our twins separated (once in a blue moon), one seems SO easy AND they seem to be in a better mood, as if they are relishing in their Only Baby moment.