PDA

View Full Version : Best belly support band for petites?

jennrenn23
11-28-2009, 03:18 AM
I am 5'0'' and around 100 lbs pre-pregnancy. At 23 weeks, I have gained around 15 lbs and am having some lower back pain. All of the cradles and support bands I have seen inside stores are too big for me or aren't stocked in a small size. Any opinions on the best band for petites?

larig
11-28-2009, 08:40 AM
I got a simple wide elastic band with velcro at motherhood. It helped me so much, if I was on my feet more than 15 minutes I put it on. they're ugly, so it's best with a long shirt

gatorsmom
11-29-2009, 12:36 AM
JCPenney carries some support bands. I saw a few different ones to choose from in their maternity catalog. I think if you order one that doesn't fit, you could return it to the store saving some shipping charges. It's worth looking into- the band I ordered was great and worked well for me. However, I was using it to support my multiples pregnancy and I was NOT petite at that point, LOL. ymmv.

twowhat?
11-29-2009, 11:08 AM
I wore the one from BRU - I think it's called Especially for Mom or something like that and it's just the velcro band that goes under the tummy. I carried twins and I was ALL tummy and this thing worked. It's not pretty, and at the end I had to tuck a receiving blanket between the band and my belly because it started cutting in (I really think this was only because I was so big that my very heavy tummy made the band roll up on itself so I don't think a normal singleton pregnant mom would have this problem). But like I said, it worked, and it was the only way I could stand for a few min at a time. I think any similar band would work fine. If you're really having back pain you may have to consider the prenatal cradle or something that goes over the shoulders. Yep, those are even uglier:)

jkgal
12-12-2009, 02:45 AM
tried the medela (not much support there. its too thin) and the velcro one from motherhood maternity (not that great either, felt that it pinches a nerve but been using this for a few hrs a day).