PDA

View Full Version : How much $$ did you drop on Black Friday?

alien_host
11-28-2009, 12:59 PM
I'm curious how much $$ people spent on BF sales. So I thought I'd do a poll so people don't have to actually fess up how much they spent.

vludmilla
11-28-2009, 01:03 PM
I'll fess up that I spent nothing at all. I may buy a thing or two today but I'm not sure.

kristac
11-28-2009, 01:04 PM
I unintentionally participated in buy nothing day. I had a csection on Monday so going out to the store did not appeal and I didn't find any had to have deals online. If I had not just had a baby I might have bought a few things at Target or TRU. Not alot I wanted this year though.

kijip
11-28-2009, 01:12 PM
I didn't observe Buy Nothing day because I filled up my dad's gas tank as a thank you for watching the boys and I got T a sandwich and drink while we were out driving some stuff for my work. But I spent nothing else besides that and zero dollars at sales. I read through the ads yesterday and there was nothing compelling for me- even things I might be interested in did not seem all that excellently priced. Last week we bought a new TV because our old one broke and we have already repaired it once an it would be nice to save the floor space of the cabinet the old tv was in. The tvs that were so steeply discounted yesterday were only $20-100 less than the name brand one I bought at Costco last week. My time is more precious to me than maybe saving $20-100 on a no-name brand from a store with less service than Costco if it breaks in 2 years. I think Black Friday is not always as great a deal as hyped.

KrisM
11-28-2009, 01:20 PM
I picked up a couple things that we on my shopping list. I spent a bit over $50 total out of my pocket.

I also picked up some things that my grandma wanted and some things a friend who's out of town wanted.

ThreeofUs
11-28-2009, 01:30 PM
Didn't shop at all on BF. Was all done with my shopping on Thursday - and now have no idea what I'm going to do with my shopping urges for the rest of the season. LOL

hillview
11-28-2009, 01:42 PM
Spent nothing. Was home sick most of the day. I did hunt around some online but found nothing exciting.
/hillary

SnuggleBuggles
11-28-2009, 02:19 PM
If ds2's b-day party weren't today I wouldn't have bought anything but I needed a few last minute things I had forgotten. While I was out I decided to pick up a few DVDs that were on a great sale.

Beth

lchang25000
11-28-2009, 02:45 PM
Spent about $115 at BRU on FP diapers and EB baby food. Did not buy anything else and was able to resist the Gymbo sale since their stuff looked pretty blah to me.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-28-2009, 02:57 PM
Went to Target last night.I got the LF Fridge Phonics, and 3 games for $25.... But I also bought vitamins, milk, etc. I needed milk, so I figured what the heck... It was busy, but not crazy. Our Best Buy had 500+ people lined up in 12 DEGREE weather!

MelissaTC
11-28-2009, 03:06 PM
DH went to Home Depot for some wood and came home with the BF wine fridge. I went out and hit Kohl's and spent $34. For that money, I got 2 small Matchbox sets, a Nerf electronic dart set, a set of Nerf balls and an iCarly game set. I was super happy.

hbridge
11-28-2009, 03:16 PM
We went out to lunch, spent the day at a museum and then out to dinner and to an evening festival. So $50 to $200, but not on anything for the holidays...

randomkid
11-28-2009, 03:20 PM
I spent just under $45.

I had no intention of buying anything on BF, but I looked through some flyers yesterday morning when I was getting ready to go to work. I saw a few things on sale at Target that I had already planned to get for DD, but have been waiting for them to go on sale. I called work on my way in and told them I'd be 15 minutes late - my managers are very flexible. Stopped by the Target that is on the way in, ran in and grabbed those few things and ran out. It was not busy at all. In fact, the cashiers were standing out in the aisles trying to grab people when they were ready to check out - they all looked so bored. This was around 8:45am - don't know if it was busier earlier in the morning. Didn't buy anything else. Instead, I went to work and EARNED some money!

lilycat88
11-28-2009, 03:27 PM
A lot...but absolutely nothing Christmas related.
The refrigerator my mom wants for her house being built was $700 off at Sears so we got that. And, I picked up some curtains, curtain rods, lamps and pillows for our master bedroom that we're redoing. It was more a function of that being the first day in forever that I've had time to go shopping than anything else. The fact that the items were on sale was a bonus.

elephantmeg
11-28-2009, 03:35 PM
nada. We slept, took the kids to the gym. Had late lunch with grandma and family and didn't have to work after all. I did order a pair of shoes from 6pm this am though... does that count? So cute-dankso mary janes!

sunshine873
11-28-2009, 03:36 PM
I spent a lot. But only because my washing machine took a dive on Wednesday. It was actually good timing for me to get a great deal. I bought a new washer and dryer and a few items of clothing that I needed for myself that weren't even on sale. It's just that we needed the washer and then grabbed a few other things while we were out before we went out to the local Christmas festival.

wencit
11-28-2009, 03:54 PM
Zero. Don't need anything this year, and with DH still being unemployed, money is tight.

We took DS1 ice skating for the first time ever, and that was priceless! My sister actually said she had more fun this year than ever before (when we usually hit the malls), so maybe we'll start a new tradition.

ZeeBaby
11-28-2009, 04:23 PM
I actually didn't spend anything yesterday. The baby was rehospitalized and discharged on an apnea monitor Wednesday. I went out today to target for one hour and found most of the things I would have gotten yesterday.

BeachBum
11-28-2009, 04:23 PM
Well I spent a ton...even if you don't count my new MacBook Pro :)

firsttimemommy
11-28-2009, 05:44 PM
I got a new washer and dryer - my current dryer has been acting funny lately and with the great deals on the larger capacity front loaders, DH said to go ahead and do it. Besides, someone we know really needs a washer and dryer and so we are going to give them our current one (well, at least the washer if our dryer is indeed going out). But that wasn't really holiday shopping - just more about good timing.

I did buy a KitchenAid Artisan mixer for $180 at Herberger's online. I've always wanted one and so that was my Christmas ;) And I got DD a stuffed dog on Costco.com.

I tried to buy a few other things - a portable compressor/inflator on Lowes.com but they were out and a set of corningware dishes I've wanted from JCP.com but they "couldn't verify my coupon code" so I blew it off.

I've usually got my shopping done before Black Friday every year anyway, so I usually don't get much (if anything) on that day.

codex57
11-29-2009, 10:41 AM
This area is awesome. Normally, I'm in SoCal on Thanksgiving (either I live there, or go back to visit family). I spend almost nothing normally cuz I can never get anything decent. Spent Thanksgiving here for the first time. VERY successful BF. Had my pick at every store I visited. Even when I showed up right at opening or a little late.

Biggest "prize" was two Lego Rock Band games for free at Old Navy and a Western Digital 1TB external hard drive from Target (tried to get it the year before but struck out even after waiting in line; this year, my sis strolled in about 1/2 hour after opening and discovered they still had a few).

Melaine
11-29-2009, 11:56 AM
Went to Target and bought a big fat nothing. Went to our "secret" Walmart (newer one that is NEVER crowded) and picked up some grocery items and a few bargain DVDs for stocking stuffers. Nothing special.

arivecchi
11-29-2009, 12:01 PM
Nothing. You'd have to pay ME a good amount of $$$ to brave the insanity! :hysterical:

Nooknookmom
11-29-2009, 04:14 PM
Nothing on Friday.

Went shopping yesterday and the sales were not very good. Seriously, I thought I was shopping on a regular ol' Saturday.

I did score some Pink jeans for $28 (reg 58) but the other things I bought were either normal price (vans) or a typical sale (Stride Rite).

I was unimpressed with the Thanksgiving sale-a-thon weekend.

I even went shopping on my birthday (day b4 thanksgiving) and I sure couldn't find the "b4 thksgvg" sales either.

ECMom
11-29-2009, 10:41 PM
Did my BF shopping on-line so I could take advantage of the higher Bing cash back amounts.

AJP
11-30-2009, 09:43 AM
I voted $50-201. Just online and just at Gymbo. There was no way I was going to hit the stores w/my 2 girls. Now, had I had a babysitter.....

alien_host
12-01-2009, 08:52 AM
Wow I'm surprised that nearly 1/2 spent nothing! I find that very interesting coming from a "bargains board"!

egoldber
12-01-2009, 08:58 AM
I find that very interesting coming from a "bargains board"!

But the ultimate bargain is deciding you didn't really need it in the first place. ;)

momof2girls
12-01-2009, 09:37 AM
None....I just couldn't think of anything worth my time and patience!