PDA

View Full Version : wood platform or low table??

sste
11-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Looking for something that will elevate the playschool barn, little people, plan toy garage off the ground by 8-19 inches but not be a full height play table. Kind of medium size platforms we can move around the room easily.

Does such a thing exist?

kristac
11-28-2009, 04:06 PM
Ikea trofast is 20ish inches high.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20087525

You would have to add wheels but it would make great storage.

Seitvonzu
11-28-2009, 06:31 PM
we recently redid the third bedroom to be a playroom. i wanted very little furniture, but good storage as the room is REALLY small. i ended up getting an expedit (can't beat the storage) and a LACK coffee table. i wanted a table that could go under the window in the room- so it had to be less than 18" tall. i looked at LOTS of options at IKEA and i'm reallyreally glad we went with the LACK for several reasons:

1. it was just the right height to elevate off the floor and promote play
2. it was just the right height to be under the window :)
3. it was TWENTY DOLLARS
4. it has a shelf below where i can bought additional storage bins or stack puzzles, etc.

my husband built the thing in our basement and i almost wish we still had one down here-- it was great and my child IMMEDIATELY started putting things on the table to play with :)

it's not a fine piece of furniture, but i think the silly thing is really useful. a friend of mine almost bought one to use as a train table (for that you might want to put a little ledge around the it or something? probably pretty easy/cheap to do), but her husband wanted to build something.

sste
11-28-2009, 10:56 PM
Thank you! Going to ikea to check out both of these!