PDA

View Full Version : My perfect neighbors...

daisymommy
11-28-2009, 05:17 PM
Maybe this is a post for the Bitching post. Maybe I'm just having a bad day. Yeah, that's most likely it.

My neighbors, who have 2 beautiful daughters who never do anything wrong :rolleye0014:, are all dressed in matching Hannah Andersson outfits, head to toe, (both parents and girls) and have a photo studio set out on their back lawn having their Christmas pictures taken. And it's only 2 days after Thanksgiving.

I am so jealous I'm going to throw up now.

m448
11-28-2009, 05:18 PM
here's the barf bag LOL. I'd be right along there with you.

hbridge
11-28-2009, 05:54 PM
Remember, every child (and every family) has their issues... They are NOT perfect!

Bens Momma
11-28-2009, 06:11 PM
I would feel the same way :barf:!!! But just as PP said, no one is EVER as perfect as they seem...behind closed doors it's probably a whole different scenario! And as far as the matching outfits and photo studio setup in the backyard for pics, just look where it got Jon & Kate!

Relax and have a glass of wine in your sweats!
R.
Momma to 2 ACTIVE DS :bouncy::bouncy:

infomama
11-28-2009, 06:15 PM
Hold yer horses here....aren't you the one who created that AMAZING meal planning thread? That photo session scene pales in comparison to that in my eyes!

Bens Momma
11-28-2009, 06:30 PM
Hold yer horses here....aren't you the one who created that AMAZING meal planning thread? That photo session scene pales in comparison to that in my eyes!

Oh yeah, I LOVE all your lists!!! They have made me feel "slightly" organized over the years...Yes, your neighbors got nothin' on you, you shouldn't feel jealous in the least LOL!

ThreeofUs
11-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Ummm, excuse me, but aren't you the most organized of mamas? I am seriously in awe of you, as I see another couple of pp's also say.

Sorry you're having a bad day, but you've probably got NOTHING to be jealous about!

:)

DietCokeLover
11-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Her house is probably a disaster, that's why the pictures are outside. At least that's what I'd tell myself.

elizabethkott
11-28-2009, 08:20 PM
I hope they all step in dog poop in their backyard, track it into the house, and only discover what is going on until it has been ground so deep into their wall-to-wall full house carpet that it never fully comes out and they are doomed to forever live in a house that smells like poop.
So there.
:D

g-mama
11-28-2009, 08:35 PM
I am extremely fortunate to have a sister-in-law (dh's little sister) who is a portrait and wedding photographer. She has been taking a family photo of us on Thanksgiving weekend for the past few years. She comes with all kinds of equipment, takes pictures, Photoshops them, and makes us all look great, swapping heads from different photos to make one "perfect" photo. My other SIL (my brother's wife) has always commented on our photo and says, "Oh look!! It's the perfect family!" when she sees us now. She says she keeps our card on her fridge and tells all her friends "This is my my husband's sister and her family - the perfect family."

I am tired of telling her, NO, we are far from perfect and one stupid card does not represent an entire life, it's a (photoshopped) snapshot of a moment. I am so lucky that my SIL does this for us and prior to her, I struggled horribly, taking 100+ shots to get a single shot of my children suitable for a card.

So just know that nobody is perfect. A photo is just that....a single, engineered moment in time. :)

maestramommy
11-28-2009, 08:42 PM
How do you know her dds aren't the spawn of satan behind closed doors? :D I get "your girls are so GOOD!" all the time when we're out. I just say thank you, but I'm rolling my eyes internally when I remember what they were like just earlier in the day:loveeyes:

If it makes you feel any better, this year we will have a family pic sporting Arwyn's worst haircut ever, courtesy of my worst mother moment of the year. :hug: I wonder if Kristen's SIL can make bangs grown on Photoshop?:hysterical:

g-mama
11-28-2009, 08:47 PM
I wonder if Kristen's SIL can make bangs grown on Photoshop?:hysterical:

I am SURE she could!! It's amazing what one can do with the right tools and knowledge!

I just came home from a second Thanksgiving at a dear friend's house. I heard from a few people, "Your sons are so well behaved!" :rolleyes: and all I could think of was the day I had with them yesterday that made me want to get in my car and drive far, far away leaving them to just figure out a way to get along without me as referee!!

daisymommy
11-29-2009, 11:55 PM
I haven't been online since I posted this, but I just wanted to pop in and say: Aw-Golly-Gee! Shucks Gals, thank-you! I feel much better now :hug5:

ast96
11-30-2009, 03:45 AM
I kind of think that having your holiday pictures taken on your back lawn in matching head to toe Hanna Andersson Thanksgiving weekend sort of IS an imperfection. Dude, who likes to be around THOSE people?

Globetrotter
11-30-2009, 12:52 PM
Have you ever checked out their cupboards?

I have a friend who entertains a lot, though she has four kids and works PT. Then one day I was looking for something and opened their kitchen cupboards, and I realized that everything was stuffed randomly in there when company comes over. Is it bad that this made me happy? :boogie:

Nooknookmom
11-30-2009, 02:12 PM
Remember, every child (and every family) has their issues... They are NOT perfect!

:yeahthat:

My Dad used to say that if you go to the front door everything is f-i-n-e. However, if you tiptoe around to the back door, you're bound to hear the reality. SO TRUE!

But it doesn't keep me from feeling the same way you do (where's the little green monster icon?)!!!

I have a GF like your neighbors-all is perfect on the outside but I know that behind closed doors *wonderland* has its pitfalls.

deborah_r
11-30-2009, 02:23 PM
I know it's not nice, but I'd be groaning and gagging too if I saw that. But to each their own - I would not *want* to dedicate the time and energy it would take to make that happen, as it just isn't that important to me. Portraits have their place, but snapshots have the real memories!

mommylamb
11-30-2009, 05:07 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I would NEVER get matching Hanna Andersson outfits for the adults as well as the kids. That is way too stepford in my book.

Melaine
11-30-2009, 05:15 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I would NEVER get matching Hanna Andersson outfits for the adults as well as the kids. That is way too stepford in my book.

I can't see it either. We went to Picture People recently and there was a pic of a Mom with her two children maybe age 9-10 all 3 wearing matching HA pjs.... It was so weird. I don't get the matching pj professional pics AT ALL!