PDA

View Full Version : Holdiay decorating s/o

SnuggleBuggles
11-29-2009, 05:24 PM
Do you take down or change all your regular, day to day decorations when decorating for the holidays?

I used to clear off all the built in shelves in my living room and decorate the heck out of them with our winter village, cards, and other items. As the years have gone by and we have gotten more stuff I can't find the energy to remove it all any more. I do take some things down or away- like I swap out our regular throw pillows for holiday ones. I also do things like wrap picture frames.

So, how far do you go with your decorating?

Beth

gatorsmom
11-29-2009, 05:39 PM
I take the fake plants off the front porch and replace them with fake poinsettias. The other fake greenery just goes on a shelf in the garage for a month. Other rooms I rearrange to make room for Xmas decorations. For example, I have a painting over the fireplace that I just make DH hang on a wall in the dining room that is usually covered with a big tree. I moved the tree to a new location to make way for the painting in order to hang a wreath over the fireplace (did you follow that? LOL).

But normally if I"m replacing a regular decoration with Xmas stuff, I just put the regular stuff in the box that the Xmas stuff was in. When we dig the Xmas boxes back out in January, I'll swap the regular stuff out again. This works well because I wrap the regular decorations with the protective wrapping the Xmas decorations were in. This helps keep the house somewhat decluttered which is always challenge around the holidays with gifts of cookies and candies coming in as well as kids' school Xmas decorations. :)