PDA

View Full Version : best ipod touch / iphone case?

jess_g
11-29-2009, 11:09 PM
I just got one and need a case to keep it safe in. I looked at our little Target and they realy did not have anything that would work. I am looking for something like a leather pouch or maybe something stronger to protect it if it gets dropped. Any ideas?
y kids are all over it, so I need something to protect it from them. And any ideas on where to find one?

Thanks,

Jessica.

deannanb
11-29-2009, 11:44 PM
the brand I have for my iPhone is Contour - it is a hard plastic - not a rubber case
I asked the people who work at the Apple store what the suggested.
I've been very happy with it -
when I had an iTouch - I also had a hard plastic case.

westgre
11-30-2009, 12:56 AM
Otterbox Defender.

kristac
11-30-2009, 01:04 AM
Not sure which one to get but this site has good prices.

http://www.handhelditems.com/ipod-touch-2nd-generation-cases-c-4_5289_5308_5642.html

tylersmama
11-30-2009, 02:04 AM
I have the Speck Candyshell case and am really happy with it. I drop my phone shamefully often, and it's done a great job of protecting it from my clutziness.

nfowife
11-30-2009, 03:28 AM
another vote for the otterbox defender. It rocks!

BillK
11-30-2009, 09:36 AM
If you get an Otterbox defender (which do indeed kick much a$$) - be sure to hit Apple's online store and get a pack of the Power Support anti-glare screen protectors for the iPhone. With those on you won't get the "oil slick" looking smears between the iPhone screen and the Otterbox clear membrane.

Otterbox recently released the Commuter series of iPhone cases that aren't quite as beefy as the Defender - if you are looking for something that's not quite as big as a Defender.

pastrygirl
11-30-2009, 09:50 AM
Switcheasy Rebeltouch. :)

wellyes
11-30-2009, 10:10 AM
Otterbox Defender!

If you get an Otterbox defender (which do indeed kick much a$$) - be sure to hit Apple's online store and get a pack of the Power Support anti-glare screen protectors for the iPhone. With those on you won't get the "oil slick" looking smears between the iPhone screen and the Otterbox clear membrane.

Or just put a puff of baby powder / talcum powder on the screen of the Otterbox case. Did that on day 1 & haven't had to repeat. Works like a charm!

lez
12-01-2009, 02:50 PM
I have been using the iFanatic's Gamefacez case covers… the material they use is called cashmere silicone. It is perfect for me - does not make the iPod any bulkier and the screen is still as clear.

fattytuna
12-06-2009, 07:35 AM
I have the Speck Candyshell case and am really happy with it. I drop my phone shamefully often, and it's done a great job of protecting it from my clutziness.

Another vote for Speck Candyshell.