PDA

View Full Version : Habitadule Toy

georgiegg
11-30-2009, 12:41 AM
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone is familiar with Habitadule being sold by Hearthsong?

http://tinyurl.com/ydob5hl

It looks like the sort of toy that my kids (almost 6yo boy and 3.5yo girl) would enjoy but it is crazy far out of my normal price range and I can't find any user reviews anywhere. In particular, I'm wondering how sturdy it is. Will it stand a lot of use or will the cardboard eventually become frayed & bent.

Even more importantly. I'm pretty sure that they will enjoy it, but are they going to enjoy it $100 more than some large cardboard boxes? :-)

thanks!
KayP

lizzywednesday
11-30-2009, 01:23 PM
I'd looked at that for relations ... and wanted to know if it was corrugated cardboard. (If it is, I feel that $100 is a rip off.)

I'd understand paying $100 for something made of even Balsa wood, but cardboard? Please.

ett
11-30-2009, 04:54 PM
Looks cool, but I'm sure my boys will completely destroy it. They do not do well with cardboard toys.

For some reason, cardboard toys all seem really pricy considering they're just made of cardboard. The M & D cardboard bricks are $40 retail. There's this other company that makes cardboard houses, castles, etc. and they are around $60-$70.

So price wise, it doesn't seem out of line compared to other similar items, but I wouldn't pay for it.