PDA

View Full Version : satin pillowcases

salsah
11-30-2009, 03:22 AM
i'm considering trying satin pillow cases on the girls' bed in hopes that it will help with bed head (reduce tangles and frizz in their very curly hair). just curious to know if anyone else has tried it, does it really make difference?

tia!

vmcorno
11-30-2009, 08:50 AM
My DD1 doesn't have curly hair, but she was waking up every morning and nap with a rat's nest because she self soothes by rubbing her head back and forth on the pillow as she is falling asleep. I tried a satin pillowcase from Bed, Bath, and Beyond and it has greatly reduced the problem. The only times she wakes up with rats now is when she doesn't sleep with her head on the pillow which happens maybe once a week. Good luck!

AlbrightRC
11-30-2009, 12:05 PM
We just bought our son (from Ethiopia) the toddler pillow from babies r us with the satin pillowcase. I think it has greatly reduced the frizziness of his hair in the mornings. I guess this means he'll never have cute pillowcases as he grows up.

stillplayswithbarbies
11-30-2009, 01:27 PM
Yes. My older daughter has long hair that is below her waist. We keep it braided while she sleeps, and the satin pillowcase really helps with the frizzy tangles around her head.

I just got some on eBay cheap.