PDA

View Full Version : med/light coffee for Keurig?

AJP
11-30-2009, 09:27 AM
I have a Keurig and LOVE my bold, strong coffee. My MIL has been commenting that she wants one as well whenever she sees mine. Well I got the hint and got her one for Christmas. The last time she was here she said "Oh, I'd love one of these but it makes the coffee too strong"!!!!!!!!!!! I am done shopping weather she really wanted this thing or not. If you help me find a nice mild coffee for her to use I'm sure she would love the convenience & ease of brewing one cup at a time.
My unit was from BJ's and came with a huge sample of coffees. I got hers at Kohls and it only has 12 samples. I think the samples will just confuse her. Is there a nice mild one you can suggest? She likes dunkin donuts when out and brews it at home sometimes, but very weak.
Thanks ladies....I figure if anyone knows about these things its you!

erv917
11-30-2009, 11:38 AM
Coffee People Donut Shop coffee is good, and reminds me a bit of Dunkin coffee.

http://www.amazon.com/Coffee-People-Brewers-Frustration-Free-Packaging/dp/B0029XDZIK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=grocery&qid=1259595396&sr=8-1

Maybe not QUITE as mild as Dunkin, but certainly not as bold as, say, Starbucks. HTH!

sidmand
11-30-2009, 12:26 PM
I was going to recommend Coffee People Donut Shop as well. I definitely like my coffee much weaker than DH and I love this one. I use the smaller setting so it's less water and a bit stronger but if you used the bigger setting it would be even weaker.

Most flavored coffees are weaker too. I've liked the Gloria Jean sampler pack (Hazelnut, French Vanilla, Cappucino...something else) too.

MommyofAmaya
11-30-2009, 12:43 PM
If you don't want an Extra Bold cup, you might want to try Green Mountain Nantucket Blend. It is a nice medium roast. We just got a box of Gloria Jean's Holiday Traditions and it is delicious too. They are OOS on Amazon, so I am going to have to hunt some down elsewhere to stock up since it is seasonal.

MaiseyDog
11-30-2009, 02:13 PM
If you go to keurig.com you can search k-cups by brew style. DH and I also don't like strong coffee- the Donut Shop coffee is too strong for me unless I'm brewing a traveler size. We like Caribou Coffee Morning Blend.

melissaflorida
11-30-2009, 02:23 PM
Which model coffee maker did you buy? They have different brewing strengths on some models.

AJP
11-30-2009, 05:45 PM
Thanks for some suggestions. I'm going to try to hunt down a few varieties for her to try out. I am hoping to find something that they sell locally because she isn't so great at ordering online (just learning w/language barrier).
The model is B60. It's the same one I have. I can brew different sizes, but I don't remember reading that I could adjust the strength of the brew. Hope I'm wrong though!

sidmand
11-30-2009, 07:07 PM
Because you can brew different sizes it changes the strength of the coffee. It's the same K-cup but more or less water--KWIM? So if you use only 6 oz of water with the K-cup it'll be stronger than if you use 8 or 10 oz.

melissaflorida
11-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Because you can brew different sizes it changes the strength of the coffee. It's the same K-cup but more or less water--KWIM? So if you use only 6 oz of water with the K-cup it'll be stronger than if you use 8 or 10 oz.

Exactly! I use the smallest brew size for the strongest brew. I like my stuff strong.

AJP
12-01-2009, 12:14 AM
I get that...I use the med size for my brew. She drinks hers with milk so having it diluted enough and still room for milk may be tricky. I can always get her some bigger mugs!