PDA

View Full Version : I need new pics to send to Facebook friends, right?

MoJo
11-30-2009, 11:43 AM
A friend did a poll on her Facebook page asking if we preferred receiving pictures of the kids or the whole family in their Christmas cards. I answered "whole family" because I usually know the parents better than the kids (the kids are all older than mine, so they don't really play together or anything.) So, I'm trying to take my own advice.

For a whole list of reasons, I don't think I can pull off a new family snapshot in time for Christmas card mailing. But I've already posted my best pictures from the year (and there's only 1 family picture in the bunch, anyway) on Facebook, so I'm thinking reusing those pictures is pretty lame. Do you agree? I probably only have one close friend IRL who isn't on FB.

I think I either need to get DH's cooperation for at least a new picture of him and DD plus a new one of me and DD to make a collage, or just skip it this year. What do you think?

wolverine2
11-30-2009, 11:53 AM
I have this problem... one of the pictures I was thinking of putting on our Christmas card is actually my current profile picture. oops. But I don't have that many friends on FB who I would send a real card to, so I might just do it anyway. We don't have one good picture of our whole family.. not sure I can get a successful one in time!

bluestar2
11-30-2009, 12:14 PM
I don't think it's lame for you to use a picture you've posted on FB. I have a bad habit of not printing out pictures and would love to get a real photo in the mail to look at and put into my album. I would send the best family picture I have, whether it's been posted or not. Besides, one less thing to do during this busy time!

Melaine
11-30-2009, 12:16 PM
I don't think it's lame for you to use a picture you've posted on FB. I have a bad habit of not printing out pictures and would love to get a real photo in the mail to look at and put into my album. I would send the best family picture I have, whether it's been posted or not. Besides, one less thing to do during this busy time!

:yeahthat: Just because I've seen the pic, doesn't mean I have it on my fridge. If you send me a "real" copy it will go up there, which is nice.

vonfirmath
11-30-2009, 12:22 PM
I wouldn't mind having a paper copy of a picture I'd already seen to keep on our Wall of Friends.