PDA

View Full Version : I'm in love...

hellokitty
11-30-2009, 01:00 PM
with my Roomba! :love-retry: Target has the 530 for $299 and you get the 400 as a freebie for buying the 530. It probably wasn't the lowest price out there, but I am totally new to roombas. I have been waiting for a long time for a roomba, but have been hesitant to get one online, b/c it's one of those things I'd prefer to be able to return to a B&M store w/o hassle and all of the different models were really confusing too. Anyway, I LOVE it! We tried the 400 upstairs last night (kids have nn this one, "Buster") and it did well, although it can only finish about half of the upstairs on one charge, which is ok. I only plan to have it sweep once a wk upstairs, since it doesn't get that dirty. I tried the 530 (kids have nn her, "Sally") today on our main floor. We have a combo of HW, tile and rugs. It did a really decent job. I was afraid it would get tangled (with cords) underneath the sofa, but it actually did really well. I feel like my roombas very smart and helpful pets, lol.

Anyway, anyone else have roomba love? Never thought I would ever get one of these, but my last pregnancy changed my mind.

lizzywednesday
11-30-2009, 01:05 PM
LOL! My mom & stepdad bought a Roomba when they bought their house 9 years ago.

They treated it almost like a pet.

It was simultaneously creepy and hilarious to notice their euphoria surrounding what's pretty much an appliance.

I actually wanted one until I ended up in apartments with cheap, nasty carpeting.

vludmilla
11-30-2009, 09:33 PM
We LOVE our Roomba. It is npt perfect but it sure is wonderful to get a clean floor with almost no effort.

SnuggleBuggles
11-30-2009, 09:37 PM
Dh bought one for $150 off Woot a few months back. I didn't get the appeal at first but now I really like it. Ds2? Not a fan and always turning it off.

Beth

hillview
11-30-2009, 10:22 PM
I really like it but I can't leave it out with the boys. They turn it of/off ALL.THE.TIME. So it sits in a place that requires me to move a bunch of stuff to run it so I don't. I DO love it and think in another few months I will try again.
/hillary

erosenst
11-30-2009, 10:27 PM
We got ours about a month ago - a 550 on Amazon for $179. (It was the Deal of the Day.) She's subsequently been named Rover, and I totally love her. She does hardwoods with throw rugs, berber, and frise carpets equally well.

The only thing I don't like is how much she gets up, even when run frequently. Because I didn't vacuum anywhere NEAR that much in the past. So now I know how disgusting our floors really were....

hillview
11-30-2009, 10:41 PM
Oh and ours is named "herbie"
/hillary

gatorsmom
11-30-2009, 10:47 PM
A good friend bought one to help keep up with her dog who was shedding like crazy. She said it did a great job keeping most of the hair off the floor she just needed to vacuum around the edges of the room once a week because she said it doen't do a great job there.

She liked her roomba so much she got a Scooba- and now she loves that too!

Congrats on Buster and Sally. :)

hellokitty
11-30-2009, 11:13 PM
Lol, I am cracking up that other ppl have named their roombas too! Too funny!

larig
12-01-2009, 12:05 AM
scoobas are great! we have both. our scooba is named scooba steve (all of our appliances are named after adam sandler movies). our roomba is named flor (character from spanglish, who happened to clean, plus with a name like flor we thought it was perfect). and we have a swamp cooler named bobby bouchet.