PDA

View Full Version : I need ideas for stoking stuffers

BabyMine
11-30-2009, 03:26 PM
I am drawing a blank.

schums
11-30-2009, 03:39 PM
I do toothbrushes (crest spinbrush or equivalent -- whatever's on sale), some candy, and an orange. Last year I found small craft kits at Michaels for <$1, so they went in. New packs of crayons are usually a hit. Cards or card games (like Uno) have also been stocking stuffers here before.

ourbabygirl
11-30-2009, 03:45 PM
There's a thread in the Around the House forum, I think, with lots of ideas for kids of all age groups. :)

MamaMolly
11-30-2009, 03:53 PM
Kids or grownups? Actually I guess it doesn't matter, I do pretty much the same for both ;). For DD I put her annual ornament, candy, a new toothbrush, a packet of pretty tissues and other little things like hairbows. My mom used to give us a new nail polish and a piece of costume jewelry from Avon. I don't know why but I always loved that stuff! For my FIL I always put in a really nice bar of dark chocolate or a bar of marzipan. DH, MIL and my mom get black liquorice, BIL gets a chocolate orange...after a while these become traditions and I think we all look forward to them.

KpbS
11-30-2009, 04:06 PM
I do toothbrushes (crest spinbrush or equivalent -- whatever's on sale), some candy, and an orange.

This was our stocking growing up!
This year I picked up some hair ribbons for DN, cute pencils for the older kiddos, and small toys.

MoJo
11-30-2009, 04:08 PM
In our family, anything that's small and inexpensive goes.

Always some sort of candy.

For older people, makeup, nail polish, travel-size or sample-size moisturizer, perfume/cologne, bath stuff, etc.

We're out of practice with the younger people, but we always got a few off-the-wall type toys. Often a very small stuffed animal or doll on top. I'm not even sure DD got a stocking last year.

I'm going to get a Boggle keychain I found at Target in my stocking this year (learned long ago if I wanted stuff in my stocking, I should buy it, because mine was often the only empty one on Christmas, and I didn't like that.)

FWIW, when we were kids, only kids got stockings. Once we were teens, I said that adults should get stockings, too. Which just meant at the time that we'd get stuff for Mom and Dad.

Melaine
11-30-2009, 04:51 PM
I'm going to get a Boggle keychain I found at Target in my stocking this year (learned long ago if I wanted stuff in my stocking, I should buy it, because mine was often the only empty one on Christmas, and I didn't like that.)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who buys stuff for her own stocking....:nodno: Really wish that wasn't necessary.

I usually just collect clearance items throughout the year. We will do stuff like: the Firefly Toothbrushes (light up) from Kmart, Babylegs, hair brush (always lose these), hair clips, Oball (Target $4.20), Littlest Pet Shop Toy, ViewMaster Reels, Schleich/Safari Ltd. Animals.
For DH I usually find a cheap DVD or something, candy, socks, toothbrush, maybe a comic book.

Tondi G
11-30-2009, 04:55 PM
my boys are getting (so far)

spin brushes
Lip Balm
santa bubble tape chewing gum (target)
toothbrush
Micro R/C mario cars (target)
Mini lego sets (target)
mini slinky (target $1 spot)
Balsawood plane
snow in a tube (cost plus)
chocolates (cost plus)
candy poop reindeers (cost plus)

Melaine
11-30-2009, 04:58 PM
my boys are getting (so far)

santa bubble tape chewing gum (target)

Oh man we loved getting those bubble tape things for stockings!!!

mommylamb
11-30-2009, 04:59 PM
So far I've bought a slinky and silly putty for DS.
For my sister, who is pregnant, I bought some baby socks
For my BIL (her H), I bought some of those baggies you keep in a diaper bag and use for used diapers.
I've bought some Lindt truffles for my father

Obviously, I have a long way to go.