PDA

View Full Version : All you whizzes at finding things...

MontrealMum
11-30-2009, 06:27 PM
...where do you think my driver's license is?

I last saw it for certain on Thurs. when I needed to show it at the postal station to pick up a package. I *should* have had it either in my purse or pants pocket when I drove to pick up DS from daycare Fri., but honestly, if it wasn't in my purse I wouldn't have noticed, and I don't remember which I did (sometimes bringing my purse for pick-up when I'm WAH is a PITA so I just put it in my pocket). I *do* have both keys and cell phone which are the other two things I always take when driving, so I'm thinking it fell out somewhere and I didn't notice. I did not drive on Sat./Sun. so would not have noted its absence then. I've had to call DH in to do pick-up today, but he can't do that all week long.

It's not in the purse or wallet (I only use the one in the nasty weather), not in my jeans that I wore Fri., and not in my coat pocket. It does not appear to be laying around on the floor anywhere. It may or may not have fallen out in DH's car or the ILs place when we visited over the weekend. Will have to check.

Any brilliant ideas of where else to look before I figure out how to go about getting a new one? Gah - I feel like I'm an irresponsible teenager - which is the last time I did this!!!

misshollygolightly
11-30-2009, 07:14 PM
Have you called the post office to ask if it is there? Maybe someone picked it up from the parking lot and turned it in. I'd also check the laundry basket (in case it came out of your pants pocket), the spaces between the seats in the car, your garage (in case it fell out when you opened the car door), your glove compartment/sun visor/other spots in the car where things get stashed when you're in a hurry, the crease/crack in the driver's seat between the seat and the back, any other purses/bags/pocketbooks you sometimes grab in a hurry, and all pockets in the pants/purse/jacket you used when you went to the post office on Thurs. Is there anywhere you empty your pockets, like a basket by your entry door or your kitchen counter? Maybe you put the license wherever you set the receipt from the post office? Hmm...I'll keep thinking. Good luck!

happymom
11-30-2009, 07:59 PM
I would definitely call the post office if you haven't yet. Were you wearing a shirt that had a pocket?

Btw, you might want to consider using a wristlet as a wallet in your purse. Then you can just grab the wristlet when you dont want to shlep your whole purse to work.

I hope you find it soon.....!

hillview
11-30-2009, 08:13 PM
Sometimes I wrap the reciept around the card and put it in where the bills go? Maybe somewhere in the car (if you took the car) or in a stroller pocket?
/hillary

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
11-30-2009, 08:26 PM
Laundry room floor? Hamper?
Ecoist.com is having a sale of handbags... There every/any bag is cool!:wink2:

MontrealMum
11-30-2009, 09:34 PM
Thank you everyone! I found it, after much searching, in a tight crack in DH's car. It must have slid out. Ugh! I never thought I'd be the type to carry a wristlet but I think it's something I need to check out for transfering from bag to bag. Thanks for the tip on the sale :) I've also accidentally sent my cell to daycare in DS' bag twice because I forgot to take it out the evening before :duh: Seriously, *most* of my life is very organized as is my stuff. But I cannot seem to keep track of my purse items because I transfer them so often.

ThreeofUs
11-30-2009, 09:59 PM
Just sending an organizational positive thought your way. I *hate* losing things (even temporarily) - it makes me feel so dang inept. NOT that you are in any way inept, I say hastily, but I know the feeling.

elizabethkott
11-30-2009, 11:05 PM
Yay that you found it! Getting a new DL is such a PITA!