PDA

View Full Version : All-Region DVD Player

Claki
11-30-2009, 06:30 PM
Does anyone have one they recommend? I want to get DH one for XMAS.

codex57
11-30-2009, 06:40 PM
They're all the same to me. DVD players have become standardized and super cheap. I dunno about where you are but you wouldn't pay more than $30-40 for one here in California. I imagine they're readily available on the internet for around those prices as well.

They won't look the coolest at that price, but they work just the same as the pretty ones.

niccig
11-30-2009, 08:02 PM
My understanding for all -region DVD player is that you buy it from someone that has "modified" the player so it will play all regions. We got one, and it did work and then it stopped. It also didn't play all DVDs, some worked and others didn't. Just check on the return policy from the store.

If you do find a good reliable one, please let me know. I have some DVDs I want DS to watch that we can't use.

lowrioh
11-30-2009, 10:54 PM
I don't know about an authentic All-region player but there are sites out there that tell you how to program your DVD player to play all regions. My DH spent some time on the internet and discovered that if he pushed a sequence of buttons on the remote the region lock was disabled. You might be able to find directions for your current DVD player or get advice on which players can be hacked.

codex57
11-30-2009, 10:58 PM
That's sweet.

I'm used to your random brand DVD player that happens to be all region. If you're in an area where there are bunch of people from another part of the world, an electronics store there will likely have an all region DVD player. That's cuz the clientele wants to watch stuff from their home country here so they need all region dvd players. The things play pretty much anything.

Fairy
11-30-2009, 11:00 PM
I don't know about an authentic All-region player but there are sites out there that tell you how to program your DVD player to play all regions. My DH spent some time on the internet and discovered that if he pushed a sequence of buttons on the remote the region lock was disabled. You might be able to find directions for your current DVD player or get advice on which players can be hacked.

:yeahthat:

dcmom2b3
12-01-2009, 03:21 AM
I found the hack for my DVD player here: http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks