PDA

View Full Version : Question - for those that bought the PBK advent house

willow33
11-30-2009, 09:37 PM
I think a bunch of us all ordered these after Xmas last year on sale. It is really beautiful, BUT...I just took it out for the kids for tomorrow morning and there is NO number 6 and two number 19s!! I'm so aggravated!!

Wondering if I should even bother calling PBK. Not much they can do since they don't sell it anymore :( I wonder if it's just mine or all of them that were sold.

Argh!!

mecawa
11-30-2009, 10:05 PM
I have the PBK advent house (the red one, that is personalized, green windows, right) and our numbers on it are correct. I would definitely call them, because I believe they still sell it, it was just in their latest catalog.

brittone2
11-30-2009, 10:08 PM
Bummer :( I didn't buy this, but picked up a bunch of personalized frame ornaments for friends/family and our own family last year. Unboxed them this year and the sepia-toned writing bled making like a shadow below each letter :( I doctored them up by flipping them over (but now the photo matte isn't beveled like it was on the other side) and using scrapbooking supplies to personalize them, but I'm not happy. I'm not sure if I'd have any recourse since they were on super sale and I didn't open all of the boxes and discover the problem until about a month ago :( I'm curious if anyone else runs into this problem. I took some of the photo mattes entirely and put my kids' previous holiday photo card pics in them (cut down).

Sorry your Advent calendar is a dud. If you call them, let me know what they say because I'm curious about contacting them about our own issue. If anyone else ordered the photo frame ornaments last year, please let me know if you run into a similar issue (hopefully not!).

alexsmommy
11-30-2009, 10:15 PM
Too funny - we have the Restoration Hardware one and we have no 18 but two 17's. It's become a family joke so I've never replaced it. Like you, I got it on mega-after Christmas markdown about three years ago so I didn't notice the error until the night of Dec 17th when I was looking to fill December 18th. Every year I think about it then drop the ball. I completely understand your frustration but it has become a funny Christmas quirk for us.

...and thanks for this because even though the advent calendar has been out for a few days, I would have totally forgotten to fill it tonight.

MMMommy
11-30-2009, 10:46 PM
Ditto on the thanks for mentioning the advent calendar. I totally would have forgot to fill it.

willow33
12-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Well I called PBK and the only thing they would do is have UPS pick it up and refund me. Which would be fine if I didn't like it so much. They don't sell this one anymore :( I was hoping for a % off coupon on a future purchase, but no luck. Oh well...DH is going to try to either remove the wrong number or try to paint over it.

Of course the first thing my 6 year old said this morning is that there is no number 6! Kids...they are SO observant :)