PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if this is good or bad..."cuties"

Babymakes3
11-30-2009, 09:50 PM
Hubby brought home some "cuties" the other day and 15 mo old DS LOVES them! We just bought a huge bag at Sam's and between him and i they are half gone...since saturday! They are little, like the size of a plum and the bag says Clementines and Mandarin Oranges...i dont know the differences.

Anyway, he ate a whole one with dinner and we split a couple during the day. Is he getting too much of something and should I cut back or is this a god thing?

Btw...ds is dairy, egg, wheat and peanut allergic and i have him on soymilk. Not sure if that makes a difference as far as nutrients or lack of but thought i'd give the facts!

erv917
11-30-2009, 10:48 PM
I am not aware of any reason why this would be a problem nutritionally, but we did notice at around that age that too much citrus gave my DD major diaper rash. Just something to watch out for.... HTH!

Babymakes3
11-30-2009, 10:54 PM
I can't really think of anything either but the question keeps nagging me at the back of my mind so i decided it was time to ask! I know there is something with citrus and teeth but he does drink alot of water and we brush daily. I think it's kinda hard to overdose on vit c so i guess i shouldnt worry about that either.

maestramommy
11-30-2009, 10:54 PM
I am not aware of any reason why this would be a problem nutritionally, but we did notice at around that age that too much citrus gave my DD major diaper rash. Just something to watch out for.... HTH!
:yeahthat: Seeing as she's a little young, just watch her diaper area or her stools. You'll know when it gets to be too much. Otherwise, have at it! My girls love Cuties too!

elektra
12-01-2009, 01:29 AM
We love cuties here! DD will eat 2-3 a day some days.

Momit
12-02-2009, 10:17 AM
Our 16 month old DS loves them too. We started with just a few pieces each day and now he eats several in a day. No problems with diaper rash etc. It's nice to have a fruit he likes just when so many others are no longer in season. Clementines and mandarins are very similar, I think. We had a mandarin tree when we lived in California and the fruit was very similar to cuties/clementines. Too bad DS was too young for citrus then!

Melaine
12-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Oh they are SOOO good. I wanted some the other day but the selection wasn't so good. We eat them so fast that they can be a little pricey. Was the price at Sam's good?

DrSally
12-02-2009, 11:46 AM
I can't see any problem, like pp's said, just watch her diaper area. We love them and often eat 2 a day. Any excess vit C is excreted by the body.