PDA

View Full Version : MontrealMum: Thanks for Dave Cooks the Turkey

frgsnlzrds
12-01-2009, 12:17 AM
I saw you post this in another thread and I started to listen to it, but stopped because I kept getting interrupted. I'm in a pretty crummy mood tonight so I splurged and bought the album from amazon (thank goodness I had $4 in credit because that cd is expensive!) and I am DYING. When he checks into the hotel, "with his chick," I couldn't stop laughing. Thank you!

MontrealMum
12-01-2009, 01:49 AM
I'm glad you enjoyed it!!! I read your thread about your friend ( :hug: ), and agree that you need something as a pick-me-up. I think you'll enjoy the rest of the CD too, even though I don't know specifically what's on it. It's from a radio show here that's usually on as I'm driving home from church and it's hilarious. Stuart McLean has also published books which are transcriptions of past shows (not that I'm telling you to buy that too), and I'm giving the latest one to BIL for Christmas this year. If your CD has the story about Dave and the frogs and coins in the schoolyard, that is my all-time favorite!

mommyp
12-01-2009, 02:09 AM
I :heartbeat: Stuart McLean. I used to listen to him all the time when we got CBC radio. His books are funny too. My other Christmas-themed favorites (I think Dave Cooks the Turkey is #1) are Christmas Presents (where the whole family decides to make each other's gifts) and Polly Anderson's Christmas Party (when Dave mixes up the adults and kids eggnog bowls - oh my!). Enjoy your pick-me-up!

Neatfreak
12-01-2009, 04:49 AM
That's one of my fave stories! Btw, you can download The Vinyl Cafe as a podcast and listen just about anywhere!