PDA

View Full Version : H&M Maternity anyone?

citymama
12-01-2009, 01:47 AM
Has anyone here tried H&M maternity? I sped thru our H&M the other day and my jaw dropped at the cute girl items they had for sale. (Sweater dresses TDF!) I almost walked right by the H&M "Mama" section - didn't even know they sold maternity! Has anyone tried their maternity clothes - what's the verdict? I didn't see much in my size, just large and XL. I am going to right by another store tomorrow and might pop in to see if they have much in my size. I really need a few decent maternity items this time instead of doing what I did last time - stretching out my regular clothing!

If not H&M, what were your favorite maternity brands, especially if you are XS or small? Thanks!

brittone2
12-01-2009, 11:05 AM
I have heard good reviews. I don't think we have an H&M anywhere around here...oh how I wish we did. I've been having a heck of a time finding anything this time around. I have a gap maternity order on the way and scored some great deals at Ross over the weekend (2 prs of jeans for $8 a piece). I'm not into spending big bucks this go-round since I'm pretty sure this will be our last baby.

The sweater dresses sound cute. I tried a few non maternity sweater dresses on with leggings and they were really cute, but I couldn't find one that wasn't acrylic (this was at Ross).

eta: I'm still wearing a few of my non maternity Shade tees because they are so long and I'm short, so my belly has some room in there. But yeah, I don't want to stretch them out so they'll be unusable down the road. They had a big sale yesterday and I picked up two of their wrap top tees for 14.xx each and they had free shipping on all orders, no minimum amount. I am not sure how they'll fit in comparison to their regular shirts but the price was right...I've been wanting some for a while.

lizzywednesday
12-01-2009, 03:25 PM
I've seen it and it's really cute, but I usually don't do H&M ... too much hip/thigh for their pants; too much bust/shoulder for their tops, etc.

Wish I could help you with the size issue, but I'm usually a L/XL!

boltfam
12-01-2009, 04:49 PM
When my friend and I were in Chicago this summer, she tried on a whole bunch of things at H&M in maternity and she said it all fit "weird". She wears a small and seems pretty proportionate, so I don't think it was her. If you're nearby, though, you might as well give it a try.

WatchingThemGrow
12-01-2009, 04:59 PM
It was on my list of "wanted to try" but we don't have one around...so I did the Motherhood/Mimi from Macy's thing last Dec. LOOOVED the clothes I got there. I've sold a few of them, but Beth, if you want to use any, you're welcome to come try them out.

brittone2
12-01-2009, 05:16 PM
It was on my list of "wanted to try" but we don't have one around...so I did the Motherhood/Mimi from Macy's thing last Dec. LOOOVED the clothes I got there. I've sold a few of them, but Beth, if you want to use any, you're welcome to come try them out.

You are so sweet to offer. I think I'm going to be okay now after I spent some $$ this week on maternity clothes. I was really trying to squeak by without buying much for this pregnancy, but I'm finally at the point where I'm sick of what I have and some of what I have has seen better days!

Before my recent shopping spree online and at Ross, I had only one pair of maternity jeans that were really suitable for out of the house. My other two prs. that fit have developed small holes or are threadbare around where the pockets are sewn onto the bum after 2 previous pregnancies. So it was time to finally bite the bullet and buy LOL.

I bought a few of those banded bottom shirts in both maternity and non maternity (they don't look that different LOL). I'm hoping some of those will work post partum for a bit too. They seem like they might hide a little post partum poochy tummy stuff ;)

catsnkid
12-01-2009, 10:57 PM
I tried them out when I visited NYC and hated EVERYTHING I tried on. I agreed with PP saying it fit weird. I also think the stuff is sized very small.

WatchingThemGrow
12-01-2009, 11:03 PM
You are so sweet to offer. I think I'm going to be okay now after I spent some $$ this week on maternity clothes. I was really trying to squeak by without buying much for this pregnancy, but I'm finally at the point where I'm sick of what I have and some of what I have has seen better days!
Yes, I know what you mean. I hit a breaking point after 2 pgies, and did the ON/Gap online spree plus hit Macy's in Atl for the 3rd. Bad for the wallet, good for the belly.

Citymama, hope you're able to find some cute fun stuff to comfort your wardrobe :) at H&M. Anything is worth a shot IMO.

citymama
12-01-2009, 11:16 PM
I have heard good reviews. I don't think we have an H&M anywhere around here...oh how I wish we did. I've been having a heck of a time finding anything this time around. I have a gap maternity order on the way and scored some great deals at Ross over the weekend (2 prs of jeans for $8 a piece). I'm not into spending big bucks this go-round since I'm pretty sure this will be our last baby.

Grr, I'm so mad at myself for missing the Gap sale with free ship. I was traveling on work that day (still am) and tried to place an order when I got to my hotel. I was sitting at my computer about to place an order when I lost the wireless connection! And couldn't get it back until exactly 12.01 am EST when the deal ended. I love their camis and super-soft tops and could really have used some.

But - the good news is I made it to H&M today - had a rare free morning. Bought a really cute sweater, and the nice saleslady gave me a 15% discount on the sweater which worked out to $21. (And of course, I had to get DD something as well - a tutu skirt for $11!) She also gave me a discount card to use later. So if you go to H&M b/w Dec 1-24, remember to ask for the discount card!

Only problem is I had to buy a size M because they didn't have it in S. I find H&M runs a bit small so I should be fine.

This is a better deal than the woman on my neighborhood mom's listserve who wanted to sell me her old maternity clothes (used with 2 pregnancies) at $20-35 each item. Um, no, thanks.