PDA

View Full Version : I've been thinking...

SkyrMommy
12-01-2009, 02:33 PM
With the Thanksgiving holiday behind us now and Christmas music and advertisements coming at me from every angle, I've been thinking about what I'm truly thankful for and things that I hope for in the future. I had a couple of down days right before Thanksgiving and had to put some things in perspective for myself.

My family is wonderful, believe it or not I actually have parents-in-law that are thoughtful and helpful, my own parents are extremely supportive, and my husband and daughter bring such joy to my life. The saying 'Home is where the heart is' has never been truer for me. I am so grateful for our home, it's peaceful and when we come in the door the sense of well being and belonging is so nice to have.

My husband, when I have those days that I'm not sure I can keep up and simply want to curl up and hide... he makes me smile and gives me that extra support that I need. I don't know what I would do without him and every night I sleep peacefully knowing he's beside me and every morning I'm so happy to wake up to see him.

My daughter, who is the silliest, most precocious little one. I don't know what life was like without her! I was always worried that when we had a child it would take away time and energy from my hobbies and things I liked to do. But instead I have an incredible little learning child that can go everywhere with me that I can teach about the world. Watching her explore life around her is the loveliest gift. Not to say things are always easy, I'm often tired and wonder if the daily chores will get done, but they do and then I have these beautiful blue eyes looking up at me with such love.

My health and my family's health. I love that we can enjoy hiking, skiing and simply being with each other.

I'm thankful for today. All the challenges that it will bring and the promise of a tomorrow. I hope that as things change and my daughter grows and we celebrate more anniversaries that I will continue to reflect on what I have and to be thankful for everything and have the strength to overcome any obstacles that will come along.

One of the best quotes that I've seen recently is "Peace. It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart." Something to live by this holiday season. :hug:

What are some things that you are thankful for?