PDA

View Full Version : Magazine subscription annoyance

alien_host
12-01-2009, 03:48 PM
So I ordered a few subscriptions from Amazon b/c they were cheap. I realize why the publishers do this but I'm irritated that they sent me back issues and just didn't start with the current mailing.

One is a duplicate because I happened to buy a copy at BJs before deciding to order it. It was the Sept/Oct issue and I got it last week.

And I'm not terribly interested in Good Housekeeping's Thanksgiving issue now that Thanksgiving has come and gone (it arrived today).

Sorry for the small vent...any thoughts? Would a call to the publisher get me another month?

deenass
12-01-2009, 03:58 PM
I would absolutely call about just receiving the Thanksgiving issue today. You should have no problem having them extend your subscrition an add'l month.

I have 2 tv guides sitting on my desk right now. Instead of renewing my subscription, they created a new one. I'll call and have them combine it.

DrSally
12-01-2009, 06:37 PM
That would be annoying. Not sure what to do other than call. I ordered subs from Amazon too. Let's see if I get the Tday issue.

hellokitty
12-01-2009, 06:51 PM
I hate it when that happens. It never occured to me to call and complain about it before, but next time it happens, I will call.

s7714
12-01-2009, 07:25 PM
I emailed a similar complaint for a magazine (one of the fashion ones, although I can't remember exactly which one, LOL) last year when I subscribed to it. I ordered the subscription mid-July. They sent me the June issue the last week of July, one week later I got the July issue and the next day the August issue! I was totally peeved because I'd already bought the June and July issues! I said I wanted my subscription to be adjusted to expire two months later than they stated since IMO I should have never received the June and July issues based on their 6-8 week start time. They never replied, but the expiration date was adjusted on the next issue I received.

I would definitely call or email their customer service dept.!

s7714
12-01-2009, 07:28 PM
I have 2 tv guides sitting on my desk right now. Instead of renewing my subscription, they created a new one. I'll call and have them combine it.

Ugh, that's always my worst fear when renewing subscriptions through websites vs. directly with the publisher! It'd be nice if subscription sellers were required to have a "are you current subscriber?" question so it would alert the publisher to cross reference the name and/or address!

alien_host
12-03-2009, 02:19 PM
I finally called on one magazine and they extended it a month without batting an eye. She said, "oh I'm sorry that happened, we were trying to get it out to you sooner." Umm no, you had a million leftover copies of November and you figured you'd send it to me eventhough it is already December hoping I wouldn't care! I didn't say that but seriously, it's annoying.

Honestly it makes me feel worse that they do this intentially and most people won't call etc.

Now I have to call the second mag about my duplicate issue....