PDA

View Full Version : Hanky Panky thongs? educate me.....

cchavez
12-01-2009, 04:18 PM
why are they the world's most comfortable thong? are they really that comfortable? TIA!

AnnieW625
12-01-2009, 04:26 PM
I think they are okay, but honestly I still prefer regular cotton ones with little or no lace because the all lace ones don't wash as nicely in the washing machine and I end up getting holes in them more easily (and I am too lazy to hand wash all of my undies, and I don't even think that it's recommended on the label). I just found the Holista brand of thongs from Nordstroms (on their sale rack!) and they are really nice. I also think that paying upwards of $15 a pair for everyday undies is a little nuts. I do have some nice Wacoal ones, but those aren't for every day, KWIM?

lovin2shop
12-01-2009, 04:35 PM
I gave them up for awhile for all the reasons mentioned above by Annie, but I ended up going back to them. I just haven't found anything else as comfortable, and I've tried a lot of knock offs. I do try to stock up when they are on sale.

tylersmama
12-01-2009, 04:41 PM
They're pretty darn comfortable. And I *hate* thongs. I only wear them when required by the pants or skirt that I'm wearing. It does annoy me that they're hand-wash only, but I still machine-wash them on delicate and they've been fine.

hillview
12-01-2009, 04:44 PM
Wow never heard of them -- must try!
/hillary

Mom Magic
12-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Never, ever thought I'd wear a thong, but I couldn't stand the panty lines I was getting with dressier pants (jeans don't seem to be a problem). I've been really, really surprised by how comfy the Hanky Panky ones are. I do like the "regular" ones better than the low rise style though. Nordstrom puts them on sale a few times a year for about $12, and I've found them at Loehmann's also for that price. I wash them in the machine on gentle cycle in cold water and hang to dry and they do great.

Andie

DS 1/2000

septmama2b
12-02-2009, 07:43 AM
Though I've not worn them in a while since I am due in two weeks with my second son, I love them. They are the most comfortable underwear ever, and though I have tried the knock offs they are not the same. I have gotten several friends to use them as well, people who thought they'd never wear a thong. Buy one pair and give it a try.

cchavez
12-02-2009, 12:25 PM
ok...going to bite the bullet and get a pair...should I get original or low rise? what color?

AnnieW625
12-02-2009, 12:32 PM
I'd get either black or nude and I tend to like my lace panties low rise, but that's just me. Also not sure if they are still around but I did have wonderful luck a few years back with Cosabella's mesh thongs, they were all the rage (about 6 yrs. ago and then Hanky Panky came and stole their thunder at Nordstroms) and more of true thong style than HP. I washed these in the washer in a lingerie bag and they were fine. (I'd post a link for Cosabella, but I am at work! Try figleaves.com). Unfortunately the Cosabellas aren't as widely found anymore in dept. stores where I live so I haven't gotten any on sale and therefore have none right now.

I'd also try them on first w/another thong (if possible) because like all designer stuff it can tend to run small so if you usually need a medium you might need a large.