PDA

View Full Version : Which Wipes (post Kirkland/Costco)?

maydaymommy
12-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Sorry, I know this is the wrong forum, but I was hoping for a quick answer since we may go to Costco tonight and get a membership.

I used to use and LOVE the Costco Kirkland brand wipes. We were never members, but my MIL & DH's Aunt used to buy us cases all the time. I used up one case of the new type. It was fine, not awful, but certainly not as great as they used to be.

Wondering what kind of wipes are the best these days, particularly if you used to use the Kirkland wipes? Do you like the new ones and you've stuck with the same brand?

Another quick Costco question - is there a place there to get a quick bite to eat - like the slices of pizza, etc at Sam's?

thanks

MamaMolly
12-01-2009, 07:08 PM
I like the old Costco/Kirkland wipes better too. My favorites are the Huggies brand, but for the $$ I used the Costco ones. Now I just buy Huggies. I wouldn't bother with Target brand. They seem thin and small to me.

There is a place to get pizza slices, hotdogs and sausages at the Costcos I've been to. I like the fruit smoothie things, too. :)

maydaymommy
12-01-2009, 07:11 PM
Thanks, Molly. Good to know.

AnnieW625
12-01-2009, 07:14 PM
We haven't tried the new wipes, but have been using the Babies R Us brand of wipes, and bought two packages of the Target wipes for DD's daycare. I always thought that BRUS, Target, and Costco (old wipes) were made by the same company. I'll have to check and get some from Target next time we need some for the house/car. I have been really happy with the BRUS wipes, but if I turned out not liking those in the future I'd switch to either Natural Baby Care, or Huggies Sensitive.

codex57
12-01-2009, 07:25 PM
We HATE the new Costco wipes. We're still searching for a cheap replacement. Just bought a box of Pampers sensitive on sale at BRUS but haven't opened it yet.

For newborns, their butts don't get anything but Lansinoh wipes.

DebbieJ
12-01-2009, 07:27 PM
Gotta love the $1.50 hot dog and soda at Costco.

hillview
12-01-2009, 07:53 PM
We use the new ones. They are fine.
/hillary

sariana
12-01-2009, 08:00 PM
We use the new ones. They are fine.

:yeahthat:

The only difference I really even noticed was the scent.

HallsofVA
12-01-2009, 08:06 PM
We use the Kirkland brand wipes still. They're fine, though they did worry me when they changed the product again!

Melbel
12-01-2009, 08:30 PM
My new favorite wipes are Huggies Supreme Thick-N-Clean Fragrance Free Baby Wipes. They are big and thick which means I use fewer wipes.

http://www.amazon.com/Huggies-Supreme-Thick-N-Clean-Fragrance-184-Count/dp/B0018C9RSU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1259712721&sr=8-1

With subscribe and save you pay 3.26 cents/wipe (no sales tax) compared to Kirkland's online price of 3.11 cents/wipe (3.33 cents/wipe after 7% sales tax; in store price is probably a little less b/c shipping included).

MMMommy
12-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Still prefer the Kirkland (old or new). The new ones seem the same to me, or at least no noticeable difference for me to stop using them. But we use them for hands and cleaning up, as DDs don't wear diapers.

DebbieJ
12-01-2009, 08:56 PM
One thing I love about the Kirkland wipes is that if you accidentally put one in with a load of cloth dipes, they do not break up into a million pieces. They stay whole!

marit
12-01-2009, 09:14 PM
I don't like the new wipes as much as the old. They seem less flexible to me. I know some people prefer thick wipes (all the high quality wipes are thick), but I like them really thin because it makes them more flexible.

I now buy the Target brand (up and up) and love them! I might be a minority but to me they remind of the old Costco wipes. Besides they don't sell it in big giant boxes, but in individual packages, so you can buy one ($1.99) to try.

WatchingThemGrow
12-01-2009, 09:52 PM
We had some old Costco ones once, but we really prefer the Huggies Natural Care (IIRC) sold at Sam's.

DrSally
12-01-2009, 09:58 PM
I'm on my last pack of old Costco wipes and worried I won't like the new ones. I do have some Target brand, but they seem too wet to me and I don't like the package as much.

codex57
12-01-2009, 10:16 PM
Still prefer the Kirkland (old or new). The new ones seem the same to me, or at least no noticeable difference for me to stop using them. But we use them for hands and cleaning up, as DDs don't wear diapers.

They seem harsher and more chemically. Seems to cause DS to be more prone to diaper rash, and he normally doesn't get diaper rash.

conniez
12-02-2009, 04:39 AM
I preferred the old Costco/Kirkland wipes, but the new ones are okay, too. The only difference I noticed about the new ones was that they weren't as "cloth-like".