PDA

View Full Version : Gripe Water?

anniepants
12-01-2009, 07:27 PM
Does anyone know if you give gripe water as a preventative measure or as colic and hiccups occur?

EllasMum
12-01-2009, 08:20 PM
I used to use it for hiccups (when they occur) and also for those freak out crying jags. I would put some in a medicine cup and hold it up to DD's lips. One taste and often the crying jag would just stop. Love, love, love gripe water! Also seemed to work for gas/upset stomach, too. I have no idea if it can be use preventatively - I only used it for actual incidents.

hellbennt
12-02-2009, 10:01 PM
I have discovered by being a Mod (see sig) that adult mylanta cherry supreme, or any store brand equivalent ( you can tell by looking at the ingredients to see that you choose the one w/o any aluminum) is safe for even newborns. give 1ml and see what happens. you can give up to 5mls over the course of the day & if you see loose stools, just back off some.

I used this w/ ds2, a non refluxer and it worked wonders!

Radosti
12-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Baby's Bliss Gripe water. Love it. I use it all the time. If my little one is crying and I've fed her, changed her diaper, burped her... nothing is working... we give gripe water. She stops crying and poops within 15 minutes. It's awesome. Used it for my middle one as well. My first used to cry for hours at a time and I didn't know about gripe water. Would have made life so much easier.