PDA

View Full Version : Which cash back site do you like the best?

TwinFoxes
12-01-2009, 08:45 PM
I don't know if this belongs here or in the lounge, but of the cash back sites - Ebates, Fat Wallet, Bing (aka my nemesis) etc, which do you like the best? I'm trying to remember to use them, but some seem to be more trouble than it's worth (cough - Bing - cough).

alien_host
12-01-2009, 08:50 PM
I use Fat Wallet and Ebates. I prefer Fat Wallet because you can request payment after the 90 day waiting period and not wait for the quarterly payments like Ebates.

However, I use whichever one is offering the biggest reward. I don't want to join another one b/c it's too hard to manage.

BeachBum
12-01-2009, 09:01 PM
I do bing and ebates. Ebates is soooo easy to use. But the big cash back numbers from bing make it worth the trouble. I don't use fat wallet because I just feel like it is to much to manage and "comparison" shop there too. Ebates was the first I used and so I've just stuck with it.

Melbel
12-01-2009, 09:19 PM
I check www.evreward.com and go with the highest %. By far, I have earned the most cb w/ bing. I have had to follow up on 3-4 drugstore.com orders (I love getting 25% cb for diapers/formula) and 1 of my 2 recent walmart.com orders (15% cash back). Although it is a pain to follow up, thus far, bing has credited my account after furnishing info.

jvs195
12-01-2009, 09:27 PM
I use Ebates, Upromise, Luckymagrewards and Bing. Depends on the % being offered. Used to use fatwallet but never seemed to have the highest amounts for my shopping. I get small quarterly checks from ebates and lucky and try to request my Bing as it becomes available (can't beat the 20-30% ones) If nothing else I use upromise to seed the college fund.

jerigirl
12-01-2009, 09:32 PM
I use ebates, cashbaq.com, and recently started using bing. cashbaq seems to usually be +/- 1-2% off of ebates.

lil_acorn
12-01-2009, 09:48 PM
How does bing work? I've seen threads where people tell you to search for certain items by name so you can find a high % back, but do you actually have to buy that item, or you just need to go through that link in order to get teh higher % but you can buy anything on that site and get that higher cash back %.

valeriec
12-01-2009, 10:22 PM
I also like to use evreward.com and see which offers the most cash back. I have accounts with ebates, Mr. Rebates, BigCrumbs, Upromise and just started using Bing which seems to offer the most cash back recently. Oh, and if you have a Discover card Shop Discover has some high ones, too.

sewarsh
12-01-2009, 10:24 PM
i'm new to this board (about 3-4 months) and started using ebates at that time. since then i noticed Parenting Prividleges in Parenting magazine and have found higher % there then some ebates, but they have a lot less stores, so i compare both. i don't know what Bing is, never found the time to figure it out, but have thought about it.

kellybelly0513
12-01-2009, 10:29 PM
I have used bing a few times, but it is kind of a PITA. I normally used ebates or upromise.

jeno
12-01-2009, 10:29 PM
xxxxxxx

KrisM
12-01-2009, 10:46 PM
I use whatever is the best for me.

How do you double dip with Mr Rebates?

ett
12-01-2009, 11:08 PM
I have accounts with ebates, fatwallet, bing, and ShopDiscover. I check evreward and use whichever one is the highest. Bing is the most cumbersome to use but I've gotten big rewards with them so I deal with it.

kozachka
12-02-2009, 03:55 AM
I check www.evreward.com (http://www.evreward.com) and go with the highest %.

:yeahthat: I have joined several cash-back sites over the years and I have no interest in joining more unless it's a major one like Bing so I go with the highest % among the ones that I am already a member of.

conniez
12-02-2009, 03:57 AM
I agree with Bing being a PITA, but I have used them a couple of times recently when their cb offering was the highest (ex: for Endless & Macys). I usually use ebates though because it's so easy to use & I've never had problems.

TwinFoxes
12-02-2009, 09:39 AM
But the big cash back numbers from bing make it worth the trouble.

This is the ONLY reason I keep going back to Bing. I'm such a sucker.

supercalifragilous
12-02-2009, 12:15 PM
How exactly do you double dip with Mr. Rebates?

I'm a big ShopDiscover person b/c I can redeem it for GCs (some are double rewards, but usually $20>$25 or $20>$30 or something like that). Other than that, I check evreward.com and go with whoever is highest. I haven't signed up for Cashbaq or bing yet.

Can someone answer the PP question about how to search for an item in Bing? I don't get it b/c I haven't used it yet.

mrsjaeq
12-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Since I don't have too much time to browse.. I normally just use ebates. I am interesting in Bing... can anyone tell me how I can get started??

Thanks. Happy Shopping!

TwinFoxes
12-02-2009, 12:58 PM
So Bing is Microsoft's new search engine. Through Bing shopping you can get cashback. Go to Bing.com, click on shopping, click on cashback home. You should see where to sign up. When I signed up, for some reason the process didn't work. It kept asking me over and over to confirm my membership via the email they sent me. I had to contact their customer service.

Once you manage to get signed up, you can do cashback shopping one of two ways. You can either type in the item you want, and look to see the prices/cashback amounts various stores offer. Or you can look at the list of stores and find the one you want, and click on it to shop there and get cashback. I don't think the actual shopping is hard. But I've done I think 8 transactions, and 4 of them haven't shown up and I've had to go through their dispute process. I eventually get the money, but it's a pain in the butt! Bing doesn't give you any sort of confirmation number, so the dispute process is a multi-step back and forth. Grr.

I hope this helps a bit. :)

sewarsh
12-02-2009, 01:05 PM
So Bing is Microsoft's new search engine. Through Bing shopping you can get cashback. Go to Bing.com, click on shopping, click on cashback home. You should see where to sign up. When I signed up, for some reason the process didn't work. It kept asking me over and over to confirm my membership via the email they sent me. I had to contact their customer service.

Once you manage to get signed up, you can do cashback shopping one of two ways. You can either type in the item you want, and look to see the prices/cashback amounts various stores offer. Or you can look at the list of stores and find the one you want, and click on it to shop there and get cashback. I don't think the actual shopping is hard. But I've done I think 8 transactions, and 4 of them haven't shown up and I've had to go through their dispute process. I eventually get the money, but it's a pain in the butt! Bing doesn't give you any sort of confirmation number, so the dispute process is a multi-step back and forth. Grr.

thanks for the info. I am currently doing a HUGE macys purchase. since i'm using Friends & Family code, will htis exclude me from getting cash back from Bing?

TwinFoxes
12-02-2009, 01:07 PM
thanks for the info. I am currently doing a HUGE macys purchase. since i'm using Friends & Family code, will htis exclude me from getting cash back from Bing?

I have a feeling it will. The terms say using other discounts *may* prevent you from getting cash back. But it doesn't hurt to try!

lowrioh
12-02-2009, 01:08 PM

Yes. Using a coupon should cancel your bing cash back although it might be worth a try to see if they catch it.

sewarsh
12-02-2009, 01:12 PM
Thanks girls. I'll just be safe and use Ebates then. i don't think i've had issue using coupon & cash back with them. Even though its only 5% vs. 10% with Bing, I'd rather not take the gamble.

Melbel
12-02-2009, 01:18 PM

From bing FAQ:

What are some of the limitations for getting cashback?
In addition to limitations we set for getting cashback through the Microsoft Service Agreement, a store may have further restrictions for getting cashback rewards. For example, taking advantage of a special sales event often makes a purchase ineligible for cashback. Using a coupon voids the cashback for the majority of stores, including those you may receive in email or see on a deal/coupon site and offerings on a store's website.

http://www.bing.com/shopping/page...ngCashback

Someone on SD claimed to get bing cb using a Macy's FS code about a week ago. Ebates is at 5% which may be a safer bet (it is my understanding that using coupons does not invalidate cb at ebates).

ETA: sewarsh - you posted while I was typing. It sounds like we reached the same conclusion.

sewarsh
12-02-2009, 01:38 PM
From bing FAQ:

What are some of the limitations for getting cashback?
In addition to limitations we set for getting cashback through the Microsoft Service Agreement, a store may have further restrictions for getting cashback rewards. For example, taking advantage of a special sales event often makes a purchase ineligible for cashback. Using a coupon voids the cashback for the majority of stores, including those you may receive in email or see on a deal/coupon site and offerings on a store's website.

http://www.bing.com/shopping/page...ngCashback

Someone on SD claimed to get bing cb using a Macy's FS code about a week ago. Ebates is at 5% which may be a safer bet (it is my understanding that using coupons does not invalidate cb at ebates).

ETA: sewarsh - you posted while I was typing. It sounds like we reached the same conclusion.

Thanks MelBel. i read the same disclosure on Bing's site and it seems pretty vague which is why i asked the question. regardless, id rather be safe than sorry, so going with ebates like we both suggested.

mrsjaeq
12-02-2009, 02:03 PM

Thanks TwinFoxes!! Your tutorial was great!!!

jeno
12-02-2009, 02:05 PM
xxxxxxx

ett
12-02-2009, 03:15 PM
Thanks girls. I'll just be safe and use Ebates then. i don't think i've had issue using coupon & cash back with them. Even though its only 5% vs. 10% with Bing, I'd rather not take the gamble.

FWIW, I've had problems with both fatwallet and ebates when using coupon codes not listed on their site. I used to always get my cashback regardless, but in the last year or so, they've denied me several times when I've used coupon codes. Even when I haven't used coupon codes, they still didn't credit me and I've had to email them about it later.

I've used bing several times in combination with coupon codes and I've always gotten my cashback.

jess912
12-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Do these sites (specifically ebates) add additional retailers at anytime or do the online retailers stay the same all the time?

ett
12-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Do these sites (specifically ebates) add additional retailers at anytime or do the online retailers stay the same all the time?

Sites come and go and percentages change too, that's why I always check evreward first.

mamatomax
12-03-2009, 01:07 AM
I was denied my cb from bing today. I made a purchase through barnesandnoble.com (have had to dispute EVERY purchase made with them), and got a message saying that the purchase was ineligible for cb. I can only imagine that it's because I got the 10% savings because I'm a member. Ridiculous! AND, b&n.com claims to have nothing to do with the cb and that it's bing who does it all, but the email from them was blaming barnes and noble for determining that I couldn't have the cb.

What the.....????? I'm so sick of bing!!! Really, I hate them.