PDA

View Full Version : PSA: SpongeBob Body Wash

ladysoapmaker
12-01-2009, 09:23 PM
For those of you who let your children use Sponge Bob Body wash, read the label.

There is a CAUTION on it. Basically it says not to use daily and it can cause skin irritation and urinary track irritation.

A friend of mine discovered that this weekend. Her son skin always gets really dry in the winter and lately it's been so bad she took him to the doctor and the doctor told her to use lotion and gloves at night. It wasn't helping and then she happened to look at the label of the SpongeBob body wash and discovered the caution. this is the first time she has ever used it and she said she pitched nearly a half bottle.

Just wanted to let you folks be aware of that.

Jen

hillview
12-01-2009, 09:29 PM
YUCK!!! That is just rotten.
/hillary

SnuggleBuggles
12-01-2009, 09:41 PM
I'm sorry that happened. :( But, I think most bath products and bubble baths have that warning. Also, bathing nightly regardless of what you use can = dry skin, especially in the winter, at least that is my experience with my boys. Baths are very drying.

Beth

DrSally
12-01-2009, 09:59 PM
Wow, that's bad. We use Mr. Bubbles sensitive as a treat, but mostly use aveeno baby wash diluted in a foamer for baths.

MamaMolly
12-01-2009, 10:30 PM
I'd suggest your friend try Cetophil wash for a little while. I used it on DD when she was a little baby and it is very gentle and is supposed to be non drying. I bought it at Costco for the same price or better than the generic CVS brand. Once his skin heals perhaps a bottle of California Baby as a gift? The less fewer chemicals the better IME.

hillview
12-01-2009, 10:35 PM
I'm sorry that happened. :( But, I think most bath products and bubble baths have that warning. Also, bathing nightly regardless of what you use can = dry skin, especially in the winter, at least that is my experience with my boys. Baths are very drying.

Beth

I knew there was a "reason" we were doing weekly baths ;)
/hillary

Naranjadia
12-01-2009, 11:03 PM
I knew there was a "reason" we were doing weekly baths ;)
/hillary

Three cheers for weekly baths!

mom2binsd
12-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Just about every type of bubble bath, especially the cheap ones say that...we're lucky no sensitive skin here and we limit bubble baths to once a week.

JBaxter
12-01-2009, 11:15 PM
http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/product/64251/Spongebob_SquarePants_Bubble_Bath/

Ingredients from packaging: WATER, SODIUM LAURETH SULFATE, COCAMIDOPROPYL BETAINE, FRAGRANCE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, DISODIUM EDTA, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, CITRIC ACID, MAY CONTAIN: FD&C BLUE 1 AL. LK., D&C RED 33 ZR LK, D&C VIOLET 2, FD&C YELLOW 5 AL LAKE

Directions from packaging: Pour two capfuls under running water. As with all bath products, parental supervision is recommended.

Warnings from packaging: Small Parts - Not For Children Under 3 Years Caution: Use as directed. Excessive or prolonged exposure may cause irritation to skin and urinary tract. Discontinue use if rash, redness or itching occurs. Consult your physician if irritation persists. Keep out of reach of children except under adult supervision.

TwinFoxes
12-02-2009, 05:40 AM
Just about every type of bubble bath, especially the cheap ones say that...we're lucky no sensitive skin here and we limit bubble baths to once a week.

But OP said body wash, not bubble bath. I, too, would be surprised if my body wash said not to use it daily! But we are once a weekers and California Baby users here. :)