PDA

View Full Version : Does babies r us ever put cribs on sale?

vnritter
12-01-2009, 11:41 PM
I have found two possible cribs at Babies r us, one in the baby cache line and the other in babi italia line. I had a 15% off coupon but it can't be used for 'special orders' and neither crib I want is in stock. The cribs were on sale yesterday on line, and had free shipping that only ammounted to removing $35. Even with the big online order discount it was still a good $30 more to buy it on line and have it shipped then to just buy it in the store.

I'm willing to wait awhile if Babies r us occasionally puts these brands of cribs on sale (we aren't due until late March and we have a bassinet). However, if these brands are so popular that they never go on sale, I might as well buy the crib now.

Also, do they ever have coupons I could actually use to buy furniture that will have to be ordered? Like I said the coupon I have excluded special orders which I assume is any furniture order for something they don't have in stock.

I'm new to the site (I promised I searched for this question in the other forums first :wink2:) and to baby shopping, so thanks for any help or advice.

boltfam
12-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Welcome to the boards! We bought a crib from Babies R Us with a special crib/nursery coupon. We did have to special order it, too, so they must put them on sale on occasion, and I'm pretty sure it's all brands. Good luck!

catsnkid
12-02-2009, 04:34 PM
My crib was not in stock but was on the floor. At the time, they had a deal where you could buy 3 or more pieces and get 15 percent off, then I used a 15 percent coupon for one item on top of that. I think they are referring to other things, like cribs they don't normally stock or conversion kits.

Sidney
12-05-2009, 05:13 PM
We bought our Baby Italia stuff with a coupon. The store just had to order it in, which took a few weeks, but I don't think that it considered a special order because it's stock pieces.

We ordered our glider through BRU too which also stated "no special orders", and they had to order it in, but again it's a stock piece.

So, you should be just fine using your coupon too.

megan973
12-07-2009, 01:59 PM
I asked about using the 15% off and if the crib was considered a special order. The BRU employee said that some items are special order (the price sheet identifies which ones), and that most cribs are either in stock or can be delivered in 7-14 days.

Cribs were 20% off on Cyber Monday.

In reading the reviews of the crib I like at BRU, it sounds like most people used a 20% coupon or received some sort of discount because of their registry (I don't know those details).

Good luck!

arivecchi
12-07-2009, 02:06 PM
I would encourage you to look outside of BRU. I find that they don't carry the best brands and the prices are not that competitive once you start looking online.