PDA

View Full Version : GOOD holiday knock-knock jokes for the advent calendar?

SASM
12-02-2009, 12:41 AM
I am filling up the advent calendar. I usually include some knock-knock jokes and thought that I'd put in some holiday- or winter-related ones this year. Ohhh...the selection that I've been finding online have NOT been impressive...very boring for my 6yo and 4yo. Do you and your kids have any favorite holiday/winter ones?? While I am at it, for future ref, any favorite general knock-knocks?

Our current faves:

KK...WT...Dragon...Dragon who?...Dragon your feet will make Mr./Mrs./Miss (teacher) unhappy!

KK...WT...Banana...Banana who?...KK...WT...Banana...Banana who?...KK...WT...Orange...Orange who?...Orange you glad I didn't say banana? :)

TIA!!!

Ohhhhh...After changing my search words again, I just found some cute holiday and winter riddles!
http://www.squiglysplayhouse.com/JokesAndRiddles/christmas.html

I was CRACKING up at "What is invisible and smells like milk and cookies?...SANTA BURPS!" :) Not that I condone burping but I can just envision my kids in the AM when they hear that one. I do not think they'll have any problem getting this one right, unlike most jokes that they try to repeat back to me and then tell to their friends!

There are a lot of cute ones on here that are making their way into the advent doors...whoo hoo!

DrSally
12-02-2009, 12:52 AM
Fun idea! It's hard to find an advent calendar ready-made wo/candy. I found one at B&N last year that has a mini-book in each door. We also have one where you put a felt (wish it was wooden) in a different patterned little Xmas stocking every day.

ETA: I'm bad in the joke dept. Sorry!

SASM
12-02-2009, 01:21 AM
Fun idea! It's hard to find an advent calendar ready-made wo/candy. I found one at B&N last year that has a mini-book in each door. We also have one where you put a felt (wish it was wooden) in a different patterned little Xmas stocking every day.

ETA: I'm bad in the joke dept. Sorry!

Ohhh...wow! I'd love to find the mini-book one in the future! That sounds GREAT! I think that I am set this year between the advent doors and the paper chain... I.AM.DONE!

ourbabygirl
12-02-2009, 10:19 AM
I got our wooden one (with a nativity scene inside) this year at Joann's- they have a lot of them there. Also saw some at Target. :)

Love the knock-knock joke idea! Thanks for sharing!

ilfaith
12-02-2009, 10:50 AM
Knock knock
Who's there?
Atch
Atch who?
Bless you

octmom
12-02-2009, 11:40 AM
Not a knock-knock and not holiday-related, but the one that had us laughing over the Thanksgiving weekend was:

What's a dog's favorite snack?
PUP-corn! :)

DrSally
12-02-2009, 11:44 AM
Yeah, we now officially have 3 advent calendars:ROTFLMAO: (paper chain made at school, candy cane, and little book).

caleymama
12-02-2009, 12:35 PM
From DD1's book Giggles (http://www.amazon.com/Little-Giant-Book-Giggles-Books/dp/1402749848/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1259771362&sr=1-1):

Where does Santa go swimming? At the North Pool

KK...WT... Aloha... Aloha who?... Aloha myself down the chimney

What do clams and oysters do over the holidays? Shellebrate

What did the big grape say to the little grape on Christmas? 'Tis the season to be jelly

What does a Christmas tree eat with? Utinsels

What's Tarzan's favorite Christmas song? Jungle Bells

Who brings dogs their presents at Christmas? Santa Paws

hellokitty
12-02-2009, 02:10 PM
Those are great! Thanks for sharing!

willow33
12-02-2009, 02:24 PM
Just what I needed to fill my kid's advent house...thank you!! Besides these I have put tattoos, stickers, choc. kisses and one door will have a new hot wheels car for each of them.

We also have three advent calenders going...the house, a playmobil one in their room and a M&D magnetic one in the kitchen :)

DrSally
12-02-2009, 02:26 PM
Cute ones, Caleymama

SASM
12-02-2009, 09:45 PM
Awesome...Thanks for the jokes! Keep them coming!