PDA

View Full Version : Gift suggestions for kid brother and his fiancee?

pantrygirl
12-02-2009, 11:27 AM
Hoping I can get some suggestions and inspiration from you.

My kid brother (he's 30 but he'll always be my kid bro) got engaged this year and I'd like to get something for him and his fiancee for Christmas from DD. We already promised each other that we weren't going to exchange gifts as the economy is still pretty low but I'd like our toddler daughter to get something for her Uncle and Aunt.

Any suggestions? I'd like to keep it in the low end budget-wise.

Last year, our daughter (then 6 months) gave them a work in progress scrapbook following her milestones the first year of her life.

Thanks for your suggestions. :-)

MamaMolly
12-02-2009, 11:40 AM
Do you have a photo of both of them with DD? I might get one of those frames that says 'family' on it and give that with the photo. It would be something to signify that there has been a change in their relationship and to kind of officially welcome the fiancee into the family.

pantrygirl
12-02-2009, 11:53 AM
What a sweet idea!

Thanks! I love it.

klwa
12-02-2009, 12:04 PM
I'm getting BIL & his fiance some Christmas tree ornaments so they have some next year for their first Christmas together. I know Target has them at buy 2 get one free this week. Maybe get a picture frame one & put a shot of DD in it?

ha98ed14
12-02-2009, 12:08 PM
I'm getting BIL & his fiance some Christmas tree ornaments so they have some next year for their first Christmas together. I know Target has them at buy 2 get one free this week. Maybe get a picture frame one & put a shot of DD in it?

Best idea yet!

carolinamama
12-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Best idea yet!

I agree! Love the ornament idea to help them get started as a family with holiday traditions.