PDA

View Full Version : Etsy: Neutral or Negative Feedback?

MommyofAmaya
12-02-2009, 11:48 AM
I found two cute stuffed kitty ornaments on Etsy for the kids stockings. The listing said that the kitties were brother and sister and thus could not be seperated. I fell for that and prior to purchase requested that the year
"2009" be stitched on the back of the ornaments. She said she could "hand stich" the date. I purchased the ornaments and received them the other day. The dates are not "hand stitched," they are messily written in white fabric paint (it looks almost like Elmer's glue) which could easilly be pulled off (while probably damaging the ornament). In addition, they were shipped in extremely offensive packaging--- a Charlie fragrance box..... is there a :yuck: smiley I'm missing?

I suppose I can air them out and they might be less odiferous by Xmas. They are very very cute otherwise. WWYD?

infomama
12-02-2009, 11:52 AM
I would first contact her to see if she will rectify the situation. Check her return policy, too. Go from there.

kristac
12-02-2009, 11:52 AM
I would first contact her to see if she will rectify the situation. Check her return policy, too. Go from there.
:yeahthat:

MommyAllison
12-02-2009, 12:34 PM
I agree with pp.

MommyofAmaya
12-02-2009, 12:48 PM
Thanks. Waiting on a response from seller. Her profile says she accepts returns if item is not as described. I'm not sure I want to return them though.

s7714
12-02-2009, 12:57 PM
I'd be inclined to leave a neutral matter of fact feedback. I'd just say that you like the ornaments, but the dates were not hand stitched as specified and the packaging (an old perfume box) left a lingering scent on the ornaments.

Even if you don't want to return them, the seller should offer other an apology and maybe some $ back for the dates not being hand stitched like advertised IMO.

MommyofAmaya
12-03-2009, 04:05 PM
I'd be inclined to leave a neutral matter of fact feedback. I'd just say that you like the ornaments, but the dates were not hand stitched as specified and the packaging (an old perfume box) left a lingering scent on the ornaments.

Even if you don't want to return them, the seller should offer other an apology and maybe some $ back for the dates not being hand stitched like advertised IMO.

That is what I was hoping for, unfortunately I got this:

I would appreciate if you send them back for a full and complete
refund.....Putting a date on didn't work with stitching as the felt was
too thick so I used fabric "thread" as they call it...it is used for
custom artwork on fabric.......the stitching looked awful and I am sure
I can give them to Good Will and some poor person would love to have
them rather you keep and leave a negative .....I am not a crafter I am
an Antique Dealer with 5000 Positive on ebay sorry I really shouldn't
be playing with crafts.......I will have Paypal refund as soon as they
arrive:

I'll still be out the return shipping if I sent them back. I've had really great experiences so far on over 30 transactions on Etsy. I'll just count this one as a loss I guess,

smiles33
12-03-2009, 05:08 PM
Why don't you reply back, "Thanks for the explanation. I'm glad to see you understand my concern. I'd rather not pay to ship them back and the ornaments themselves are cute and might be salvageable. Would you consider just offering a partial discount/refund for the lack of stitching?"

Since she's offering a full refund with a plan to just donate the ornaments anyway, this is actually a reasonable offer on your part. If she offered a partial refund you BOTH win.

infomama
12-03-2009, 05:15 PM
I would ask for a refund. I would not be keen on paying to send them back unless she agreed to refund my return shipping as well. She should have told you about the complication prior to sending them out (and ask you if you still wanted them) and for that I would be a bit peeved. Once more chance then negative feedback is what I would do. I also don't like the comment about giving them to some 'poor person who would love to have them'...odd addition to your convo IMO.

TwinFoxes
12-03-2009, 05:52 PM
Oh please, she's not going to give them to Goodwill, she's going to try to sell them to some sucker. You can try for the discount, but she sounds odd, I bet she says no. At least they're kind of cute. I'd leave a matter of fact neutral comment.

AnnieW625
12-03-2009, 06:04 PM
Why don't you reply back, "Thanks for the explanation. I'm glad to see you understand my concern. I'd rather not pay to ship them back and the ornaments themselves are cute and might be salvageable. Would you consider just offering a partial discount/refund for the lack of stitching?"

Since she's offering a full refund with a plan to just donate the ornaments anyway, this is actually a reasonable offer on your part. If she offered a partial refund you BOTH win.

:yeatthat: Honestly though I thought her response was a little rude. If it didn't work she should've contacted you first to let you know it wasn't going to work. To me that would be neutral feedback and I'd put an explanation if you could.

k_null81
12-03-2009, 06:15 PM
:yeatthat: Honestly though I thought her response was a little rude. If it didn't work she should've contacted you first to let you know it wasn't going to work. To me that would be neutral feedback and I'd put an explanation if you could.

I was going to post that I thought her response was rude as well but didn't want to be the 1st to say it. I also agree she should have contacted you before sending them to let you know she couldn't stitch on them.

arivecchi
12-03-2009, 06:17 PM
I would have left neutral feeback were it not for her poor person comment. That seems like a dig at the OP and is extremely poor CS.

MmeSunny
12-03-2009, 10:32 PM
I would have left neutral feeback were it not for her poor person comment. That seems like a dig at the OP and is extremely poor CS.

MommyofAmaya
12-03-2009, 11:17 PM
I'm not sure I want to go back and forth with her about this over a few bucks. Her manner might get even more "odd". I'm sure the kids will like the ornaments anyway even if they can't really play with them. If the "fabric thread" falls off I'm sure I can figure out another way to get the dates on. The Goodwill comment is almost hilarious. She clearly isn't an Etsy top seller. I'll be more careful about checking the other items in the seller's store. This was probably the only thing that would have come up in the handmade search. I wrongly assumed handmade meant by her. The rest of her items were vintage.