PDA

View Full Version : Deals on Steam Mops?

EQ_Bo_07
12-02-2009, 12:01 PM
Looking to get a steam mop for my tile floors. I probably missed all of them over Thanksgiving, but are there any good deals out there. TIA

SammyeGail
12-02-2009, 01:20 PM
I don't know if this is a deal, but I bought this one:

http://www.walmart.com/Steamfast-Hard-Floor-Steam-Mop/ip/7780088

The reviews were good and its inexpensive. The drawback I saw in a review was that it didn't fit under kitchen cabinets, but I can deal with that.

I don't know what the bing.com cashback is for Wal-Mart is right now....last I heard it was 13%?

I ordered mine from aafes.com, a military website. I did do it on black friday with a 20% coupon code, no tax and free shipping.

I plan to use it mainly for our hardwood floors.

Good luck!

katydid1971
12-02-2009, 01:28 PM
You can usually find the shark mop at BB&B with the 20% off coupon or Costco usually has a good deal on it (extra pads etc)

wendmatt
12-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Walmart has the Shark steam mop this week. I'm not sure what the differences are though. There's one for $59 with an extra pad and another for $119, not sure if the more expensive one is much better. I'm interested too coz I'd like one for christmas.

Kungjo
12-02-2009, 08:23 PM
I'm interested in a steam mop as well. Does the steam mop manage to clean any of the grout between the tiles? There are some areas in my house where the grout just doesn't seem as clean as they use to be.

Any suggestions on how to clean them?

Thanks!

happymom
12-02-2009, 09:06 PM
I'm interested in a steam mop as well. Does the steam mop manage to clean any of the grout between the tiles? There are some areas in my house where the grout just doesn't seem as clean as they use to be.

Any suggestions on how to clean them?

Thanks!

I have been trying to find something that cleans the grout too! I actually started a thread about it a couple days ago. Glad to have someone to commiserate with ;) The answer to your question is NO. The steam mop doesnt clean in the grout- I bought one just to try it out, and I loooove it, but it does not clean the grout so I think I will be returning it.

Now, the question is- what *will* clean the grout? Besides scrubbing on hands and knees...

happymom
12-02-2009, 09:07 PM
Oh, about a deal for the stem mop- I didnt look around too much, but I bought the deluxe at BBB- it was $119 but with a 20% off coupon, I only paid about 495. DH saw it for $95 at Costco as well.

SammyeGail
12-03-2009, 02:53 PM
I saw on slickdeals.net that Walmart.com bing cash back in at 20% today.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1719049

or a direct link to bing.com with Wal-Mart on front page:

http://discoverbing.com/giftguides/merchants.html?fbid=f2A1bsSOIzk

Don't know if this will help anyone or not, I've read bing has been slow, etc right now, but it is the holidays. I personally don't have a Costco in my city :( and BBB is 45 minutes away.

Our SteamFast was delivered late yesterday evening, DH read the instructions and it said or recommended using distilled water, so we didn't try it out. I like the other brands, I just didn't want a pumping handle, knowing me I'd break it!

As for tile, our grout is dark gray, so I don't know how *dirty* it really is, lol. As many times as I have questioned the builder on things in this house, he gets a thumbs up on that one!

I think HappyMom has the unfortunate idea. Our first house was built in the early 1960s, it had a bathroom with lots of pink tile with white (by then black) grout. We bought a dremel rotary tool when they came out and I used one of the heads to gently go over it and take a light layer off the grout. It ended up looking really nice. The things we had time to do before the kids came, :D. That wasn't really cleaning it, it was like using ultra fine grade sandpaper and scraping off the dirt, LOL!

I hope another Mama can suggest a way to clean grout. I would think it would take some strong chemicals or alot of elbow grease to clean coarse grout :(.

KHF
12-03-2009, 03:15 PM
I've been searching for a way to clean the grout in the kitchen of our new-to-us house. The previous owners were apparently not much on cleaning. I found this article:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/03/AR2009040302977.html

I'm going to try that method as soon as I can. I also have my eye on the Eureka Enviro Steamer that was recommended on the board. I'm tempted by the 20% cashback at Walmart to get it, but it's still 9.99 more there than at Amazon. The difference would only be a few dollars and I'd have to wait to get the money back, so not sure it's worth it. I think I need a steamer as our tile isn't smooth, and unless I scrub, the tile itself isn't going to get clean either.