PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have Home Depot install window treatments?

NewMom2007
12-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Has anyone used Home Depot installation services to have window treatments installed? We have a ton of windows and I'm considering this option b/c the installation is only $118 for the whole house (unless I'm missing something in the fine print). I have to go to the store to see which treatments the deal applies to and make sure I understand everything.

Mainly, we'll be installing blinds (my preference being faux wood, if they offer this in the deal). We just purchased the faux blinds off the shelf and installed them ourselves last time, but with the number we need and 2 little ones under foot, it would be easier to pay HD to install.

If they have some drapery/shades I like, I may have them install a few sets of those, too.

I'd love to hear from anyone - pros/cons?

Thanks!

cmo
12-02-2009, 01:08 PM
We did this, granted it was 6 years ago, and it was so worth it! They sent a guy out to measure first, and then when they arrived, the same guy installed them. He was not a Home Depot employee, but rather a subcontractor. I think he did the same type of work for other vendors and/or himself, because he clearly knew what he was doing.