PDA

View Full Version : Toothbrush Sanitizer?

Melaine
12-02-2009, 01:46 PM
http://kids.woot.com/

Thoughts on this whole concept? Sounds good but also kind of freaky....

Melaine
12-02-2009, 01:51 PM
Nevermind. After reading reviews on Amazon this does not sound like a good idea!

lizzywednesday
12-02-2009, 01:51 PM
I am actually considering the adult versions for DH and I for stocking stuffers if they ever come down from $30 each!

If you've never seen the episode of Mythbusters where they test the fecal coliform myth, you might think it's overkill. Me, well, Mythbusters is one of my favorite shows, so I've seen this episode a zillion times.

Keep in mind you still want to replace your toothbrushes about every 3 months (minimum) - more often if you've recently been ill - so it's not like it's going to extend the life of your toothbrush; it's just going to make you feel better.

carolinamama
12-02-2009, 01:57 PM
I run ours through the dishwasher periodically or if someone has been sick.

updacountry
12-03-2009, 10:19 AM
I ordered two yesterday from kidswoot.com. They had the adult ones on the regular woot also for $9.99, so I would keep an eye out for them again. I hate our toothbrushes just hanging in the countertop one so I figured even if it doesn't work great the toothbrush will be protected.

slworld
12-03-2009, 01:56 PM
If you've never seen the episode of Mythbusters where they test the fecal coliform myth, you might think it's overkill. Me, well, Mythbusters is one of my favorite shows, so I've seen this episode a zillion times.

I saw this on an episode of Dr.Oz .... apparently when you flush the toilet, the droplets can spray up to 20feet high & end up on surfaces around. So the tip was to always close the toilet lid before flushing. Not that you shouldn't buy a sanitizer or this will prevent everything.