PDA

View Full Version : Good Gift for 9 Year Old Girl or Not?

Indianamom2
12-02-2009, 03:03 PM
Here's the background...

Dh's work is doing a toy drive for families in need and each person took a gift off the tree to donate. We chose costume jewelry for a 9 year old girl.

I know what a 5 year old girl would like, but what about a 9 year old? Would I look somewhere like Claires in the dress-up type section? If not, where else to look?

I'm a little stumped.

I did find this from Lillian Vernon (http://www.lillianvernon.com/catalog/product_display.jsp?pdId=10190&name=Dress-Up+Jewelry+Set&parentCatId=2&catId=246&subCatId=1270&PIPELINE_SESSION_ID=c4484f59cc091df20eab0cb8a82581 dc), but know absolutely nothing about that store or it's quality. I'm hesitant to buy without seeing it in person, but I'm also afraid to choose something too babyish, kwim?

Is this a good choice?

Thanks,
Christina

pinkmomagain
12-02-2009, 04:13 PM
Hmmm...Claire's would be a fine place to look, but for 9 yo I don't think they mean dress-up jewlery...more like fun jewlery she could wear to school. Pendant necklaces, charm bracelets stuff like that (think hearts, peace signs, smiley faces, animals). You could also look on Etsy....some of the scrabble pendants on there would probably be good too. Oh, Justice is another store in the mall you can look at for accessories.

HTH

graciebellesmomma
12-02-2009, 04:15 PM
We have that set from Lilly, and it's too young for a 9 yr old.
I would go to Claires and gather some fun stuff. Can you give a
few little things and add a gift card, so she can pick out some of her
own stuff?

kransden
12-02-2009, 04:24 PM
ITA, Claire's is the place. The employees should be able to help you too! Target also has some fun stuff.

Indianamom2
12-02-2009, 04:29 PM
Thanks.

I really wish we had more details about this little girl because I really want to do a good job, especially since this may be one of the only gifts she gets. It's just hard to know.

I did look in Justice for the very first time today. Didn't find much, but I had a cranky baby with me....may have to look again. Claires was too much of a tempation for my 5 year old (though I got some great stocking stuffer ideas for her!).

Christina

kransden
12-03-2009, 12:52 AM
I was at the Girl Scouts tonight and polled the girls on jewelry -ages 9-13. Stars and hearts were what they were interested in.