PDA

View Full Version : Need creative ideas on how to present gifts to DC

mikeys_mom
12-02-2009, 04:17 PM
For hanukkah, DS is getting tickets to a minor league hockey game and DD is getting tickets to Disney Princess on Ice.

I am looking for some creative ideas for how to present the tickets to them. I'd love to find something tangible to give them rather than just verbally telling them about their gifts. All the tickets were purchased online so they are e-tickets and are not that exciting to look at.

I was thinking I could buy them something small that is hockey and princess related but the whole reason we bought them tickets is because we feel like they have too much "stuff" and wanted to give them a fun experience rather than a toy.

Any ideas?

misshollygolightly
12-02-2009, 04:46 PM
Could you use one of those photo-doctoring sites and 'insert' a photo of your son with the hockey team in the background and one of your daughter with the princesses? Or buy them each a plain photo frame and decorate it with hockey or princess related phrases and things. You could put a note in each frame explaining that they'll be getting to do X and Y activities, and that afterward, you'll put pictures of them at the events in each frame.

Melaine
12-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Could you use one of those photo-doctoring sites and 'insert' a photo of your son with the hockey team in the background and one of your daughter with the princesses? Or buy them each a plain photo frame and decorate it with hockey or princess related phrases and things. You could put a note in each frame explaining that they'll be getting to do X and Y activities, and that afterward, you'll put pictures of them at the events in each frame.

That is SUCH a CUTE idea!

infomama
12-02-2009, 05:48 PM
As pp mentioned I like the picture idea. For our 1st wedding anniversary (paper) I gave DH tickets to a football game. I made DH a card picture of us cutting our cake on the front. Under the picture I wrote, "Our wedding day". On the inside of the card I got a picture of the field from the seats we were to sit at at a football game and wrote, "Our first anniversary".
He loved it.

mikeys_mom
12-02-2009, 06:29 PM
Love the picture idea! I knew I could come here for great ideas.

I can for sure get picture frames and figure out how to decorate them but I am completely lost with photo-doctoring. Any easy basic tips/websites for a complete newbie?