PDA

View Full Version : Love Gap Maternity

boltfam
12-02-2009, 05:07 PM
I just got my Gap Maternity purchases from their sale last week. I LOVE the long and lean demi panel jeans and the supersoft tee I got. If anyone is wondering about the quality of Gap maternity stuff, I only have good things to say. Too bad I have to wait until Christmas to start wearing any of my new clothes.

brittone2
12-02-2009, 05:24 PM
My box of stuff just got delivered but I haven't tried it on yet. Thanks for your review. I'm crossing my fingers that my stuff fits okay and is decent quality.

citymama
12-03-2009, 12:25 AM
I'm bummed I had a computer malfunction just as I was about to hit OK on my order (at 5 minutes to 12 EST). But there's a Gap Maternity within 20 minutes of my place so I shouldn't complain. I love the Supersoft tees and the Camis. And their yoga pants are so comfy! Just bought a NWT Gap maternity sweater on ebay for $15 so hope it fits well.

boolady
12-03-2009, 11:17 AM
I pretty much lived in Gap Maternity when I was pg with DD.

boltfam
12-03-2009, 04:10 PM
I am sooo jealous that you live so close to Gap Maternity, citymama! I actually bought some yoga pants, too, so I'll look forward to wearing those (again, after Christmas-bummer).

Brittone2, I hope you're as happy with your purchases as I was!

brittone2
12-03-2009, 04:13 PM
I just tried on my 3 tops (nothing exciting-one gray turtleneck sweater, one gray jersey cowl-neck top, and one blue tee with the sleeves that can be cuffed up) and they are all pretty cute :)

Our nearest Gap Maternity is about 45+ mins away and I've been debating going, but hopefully my newest purchases will keep me happy enough I won't need to trek out there.

AnnieW625
12-03-2009, 05:01 PM
OOH so I have something to look forward to! I plan on going next week because I need some new pants. I like the short sleeve tees, and I got some wonderful jeans there last time.

citymama
12-03-2009, 07:23 PM
I'm sure you ladies know this, but if you sign up for the Maternity Shopping Sweepstakes on the Gap website, you get a discount code (I think $20 off $100) for future purchases at Gap maternity good through late January.

boltfam
12-04-2009, 09:43 AM
I'm sure you ladies know this, but if you sign up for the Maternity Shopping Sweepstakes on the Gap website, you get a discount code (I think $20 off $100) for future purchases at Gap maternity good through late January.

I did not know that! Thanks for sharing! I'll be sure to sign up! Oh, and I noticed yesterday that their layering tanks and short-sleeve tees are $5 off, plus 25% off online.

brittone2
12-07-2009, 10:51 PM
I just read the thread in the Kids Wear section of the board. I'm not a regular Gap shopper for myself or my kids.

I ordered 3 items during the recent half off sweater sale. I put one of the sweaters on tonight (had taken the tags off). Wore it, looked down sometime this evening and noticed one HOLE in the seam of the left arm, and a very loose seam about to form a hole (certainly would within one washing) a few inches closer to the cuff :( THey haven't even been *washed* yet for crying out loud. Thankfully I paid half price for it, but I'll be contacting gap CS.

The PITB thing is having to do a return via mail, kwim? Tags are off but it is unwashed...can't recall Gap's policy on such a thing, but this is ridiculous, especially after just reading the thread about declining quality in the kid clothing :(

citymama
12-08-2009, 12:29 AM
I just read the thread in the Kids Wear section of the board. I'm not a regular Gap shopper for myself or my kids.

I ordered 3 items during the recent half off sweater sale. I put one of the sweaters on tonight (had taken the tags off). Wore it, looked down sometime this evening and noticed one HOLE in the seam of the left arm, and a very loose seam about to form a hole (certainly would within one washing) a few inches closer to the cuff :( THey haven't even been *washed* yet for crying out loud. Thankfully I paid half price for it, but I'll be contacting gap CS.

The PITB thing is having to do a return via mail, kwim? Tags are off but it is unwashed...can't recall Gap's policy on such a thing, but this is ridiculous, especially after just reading the thread about declining quality in the kid clothing :(

Oh man, that's ridiculous! You certainly shouldn't have to pay return shipping since it's their fault/item defect. Hang on to the tags and receipt - and make sure the other items are in OK shape!

After reading this thread (but before reading your reply) I placed an online order yesterday at Gap Maternity during the 30% off and f/s sale, for a cami, 2 tops and a hoodie for a little over $50 shipped. Hoping they will be good quality and not junk - I can buy junk quite easily elsewhere for much less!

boltfam
12-08-2009, 09:35 AM
I've had pretty good luck with Gap cs when I've had problems with clothing being defective. It it was an online order, maybe they'll let you use your e-mail conf. as s receipt. If you don't have any luck with the online store (1-800#), I would call a Gap store that has a maternity dept.

DS had an applique t-shirt that frayed after only a couple of weeks, and I ended up being able to get cs to have the store that had the shirt in stock waive shipping since their product was defective (it was oos online). GL!

brittone2
12-08-2009, 11:26 AM
I called CS at Gap this morning and they are having me print a label and it doesn't sound like they will charge me the 6.00 for shipping since it is prepaid. I don't have the tags but I don't think it came w/ tags because my other shirt that I didn't wear yet doesn't seem to have the tags on it. Can't find my invoice but they said I could print my email copy of my original order and use that, and I did find the original bag that the sweater shipped in w/ barcode/item number on it. She said that would be helpful.

I'm bummed because I was hoping to wear it for the holidays and Gap shipping is kinda slow IMO, but at least they are going to try to address it.

boltfam
12-08-2009, 04:20 PM
I called CS at Gap this morning and they are having me print a label and it doesn't sound like they will charge me the 6.00 for shipping since it is prepaid. I don't have the tags but I don't think it came w/ tags because my other shirt that I didn't wear yet doesn't seem to have the tags on it. Can't find my invoice but they said I could print my email copy of my original order and use that, and I did find the original bag that the sweater shipped in w/ barcode/item number on it. She said that would be helpful.

I'm bummed because I was hoping to wear it for the holidays and Gap shipping is kinda slow IMO, but at least they are going to try to address it.

:bighand:I'm glad you don't have to pay for shipping. My last two orders from Gap came pretty quickly. Hopefully, it will be to you soon!