PDA

View Full Version : How did you sell your wedding gown?

arivecchi
12-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Just wondering as I have always wanted to sell my 2 wedding gowns and have no idea how to go about it. TIA.

bluestar2
12-02-2009, 07:32 PM
I sold it back to the store I got it from a couple of months after the wedding.

arivecchi
12-02-2009, 07:35 PM
My wedding was back in 2005 and the bridal salons I bought the gowns from are long gone. :( Any other options?

bluestar2
12-02-2009, 07:39 PM
I would try calling some of the bridal stores around you, as I believe many would have gowns for rent, resale, or ones sold on consigment. In this economy, I imagine there are people who would be relieved to not have to shell out the $$ for a beautiful gown they will wear once.

codex57
12-02-2009, 07:51 PM
If we do it, we'd just sell on ebay. Craigslist is another option, but it tends to be a lot more annoying than eBay.

roobee
12-02-2009, 07:58 PM
This may not be terribly helpful, but I'm starting a bridal consignment event (think Just Between Friends, but for wedding stuff). It's an idea that's catching on, maybe there's something like that starting up in your area.

updacountry
12-03-2009, 10:26 AM
This may not be terribly helpful, but I'm starting a bridal consignment event (think Just Between Friends, but for wedding stuff). It's an idea that's catching on, maybe there's something like that starting up in your area.

So aren't you going to tell us where?????? Maybe we can bring you some stuff.

I really need to do something with the dress from my first marriage. I spent way to much and it was beautiful. I would have worn it for the second but my sister was so freaked out by it I didn't. So there it sits in a box. One day I'm sure DH will ask me what is in the box, lol.