PDA

View Full Version : Just for fun...any Mountain Dew addicts here?

happymom
12-03-2009, 01:23 AM
Someone mentioned on a recent thread that they are "addicted" to Mtn. Dew (and that they noticed that it hasnt been tasting as good lately).

DH is addicted too. As in, he drinks it first thing in the morning instead of coffee!

Anyone else? 'Fess up! ;)

Pennylane
12-03-2009, 06:54 AM
Me too!! Diet Mt Dew here and I drink about 5 of them a day. If I'm out, I'll drink Diet Dr. Pepper.

It is 5:54 am here and I've already opened my first one of the day!

Ann

c&j04
12-03-2009, 08:24 AM
I LOVE it!!!!! I don't have one nearly every day but it's my caffeine of choice. When I say I'm too tired to go to sleep, DH knows he needs to find me a Mt Dew to relax :)

Also, it tastes best out of a can. Second choice- 20 oz. Occasionally a glass bottle. Rarely a 2 liter and never ever out of a soda fountain. Not that I'm picky or anything

c&j04
12-03-2009, 09:29 AM
...and for breakfast, 3/4 OJ and 1/4 Mt Dew on ice to start your day right!

lizzywednesday
12-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Pre-pregnancy, absolutely, Mountain Dew was one of my 2 favorite sodas ever. (The other is Dr. Pepper.)

Now, because it's been sweetened with HFCS (OK except for that limited run earlier this summer), I can't drink it without puking and I'm not keen on the idea of artificial sweeteners while pregnant.

Melaine
12-03-2009, 09:42 AM
It was my beverage of choice as a teen but I pretty much fully converted to Dr. Pepper in college. Not sure why the change, but I have thought the last couple times I tasted it that it wasn't quite the same as I remembered.

These days I am really trying to limit the soda so I will have like one glass a week maybe.

Melaine
12-03-2009, 09:44 AM
Now, because it's been sweetened with HFCS (OK except for that limited run earlier this summer), I can't drink it without puking and I'm not keen on the idea of artificial sweeteners while pregnant.

Ok, I was really really optimistic that that would go over well and they would keep it up (sugar Mt. Dew). I really don't think they marketed it well because I think people really would prefer the real sugar....didn't it taste SOOOO much better??? It didn't seem many stores picked it up though I was only able to find it randomly at Target. I should've stocked up. Argh.

melrose7
12-03-2009, 09:47 AM
I love my diet mt dew and miss it so much while i am pregnant. I must confess I have probably caved in and had a few while pregnant but bot my usual 4 cans I might have a day. It is my only caffeine fix and since I don't drink coffee this is what I drink for breakfast. I started drinking it in high school and now has become a staple of my diet.

BillK
12-03-2009, 10:00 AM
I love diet Mtn. Dew. I hope they reconsider and keep the diet Ultra Violet flavor around - it's nice to have a choice of 2 flavors in diet. Never did understand why they make about 6 different regular flavors but only 1 diet.

boolady
12-03-2009, 10:53 AM
I don't know if I'm an addict, but I do love diet Mountain Dew. I don't buy it at home...maybe once or twice a week I get a can from our building's disgusting coffee shop to drink with my lunch that I have brought from home.

lablover
12-03-2009, 11:41 AM
DH has one pretty much every morning.

happymom
12-03-2009, 12:06 PM
I am laughing reading this thread...DH will love be thrilled because I always drive him crazy about his Mtn Dew addiction! He's the one who asked me to start this thread so he could show me that he's not the only one :) I could NEVER drink soda first thing in the morning. Dh can't really drink coffee because it bothers his stomach, and he needs his caffeine fix. So Mtn. Dew it is!

Funny thing, DH's second choice is also Dr. Pepper. Something about those two sodas- they have quite a loyal following!

I will admit that I think Diet Mtn. Dew is yummy! I just couldnt drink it first thing in the morning. All those chemicals for breakfast. Ugh.

alien_host
12-03-2009, 12:09 PM
Back in college, I loved Mtn Dew, I haven't had one in more than 10 years probably.

pinkmomagain
12-03-2009, 01:32 PM
I knew someone once who claimed to "selfmedicate" his ADD with Mt. Dew! Would drink it all day long to keep the stimulant going...

lizzywednesday
12-03-2009, 05:26 PM
I am laughing reading this thread...DH will love be thrilled because I always drive him crazy about his Mtn Dew addiction! He's the one who asked me to start this thread so he could show me that he's not the only one :) I could NEVER drink soda first thing in the morning. Dh can't really drink coffee because it bothers his stomach, and he needs his caffeine fix. So Mtn. Dew it is!

My DH drinks Diet Pepsi in the morning for the caffeine.

vludmilla
12-03-2009, 10:10 PM
I liked Mtn Dew as a teenager but my parents rarely bought soda so I didn't have it much. I do know addicts though. My sister drinks it all day long and my BF adores Dr. Pepper.

mom_hanna
12-03-2009, 11:45 PM
I used to love diet code red mtn dew, but I went off caffeine when I was pregnant with dd and never went back on. BUT dh is soooo addicted. A diet mtn dew first thing in the morning and probably 5 more cans throughout the day.

MontrealMum
12-04-2009, 12:11 AM
I used to be completely addicted to Diet Mtn. Dew, followed by Diet Dr. Pepper. My undergrad all-nighters were totally fueled by Mtn. Dew and Snickers - ah, for the metabolism of a teen! I cut back gradually when I first moved up here and had to lug all my groceries home on foot - along with lots of other heavy things! In the past few years I've basically given up pop altogether, unless I'm sick. Then I like Orange Crush or Vernors. Not diet. Now that I know about the sugar/HFCS thing I have been known to frequent the Kosher section to get better-tasting "healthy" (hah!) pop.